Need help with homes

Hutsie B

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NC
I have two Sulcattas that are 10 inches and 9 inches big at this time. Because of my health I need to find new homes for these turtles. We can wait til spring or summer to ship, will pay shipping and give them to new home.Please respond, they are healthy, though have a little pyramiding due to ignorance when they were young following the wrong directions on moisture. But the pyramiding has stopped as I have added soaking, misting and a humidifier to their pen. My husband is not willing to keep them and build a house big enough for them on our property. thanks, Hutsie [email protected]

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It would be better if the persons taking the tortoises pay shipping. When they have to pay, chances are better you're dealing with someone who really wants a tortoise.

Hutsie B

5 Year Member
NC
thanks I will take that into advice. I just want a good home for each of them. My husband is being difficult.

Hutsie B

5 Year Member
NC
Because of my health(epilepsy) that has been acting up lately I am unable to take care of my two Sulcattas. THey are 10 inches and 9 inches now, healthy and eating well. My husband has only so much patience in taking care of them. After a seizure I am in bed for days. We are willing to pay shipping and free to good homes. We are also willing to wait til spring to ship. Please contact me at my e-mail address if you can take one or both.They have been separated since young. e-mail address is [email protected]. thanks for your help. sadly, Hutsie

Hutsie B

5 Year Member
NC
I wrote already, but thought I would add more. I need one or two homes for my Sulcattas because my health has been poor lately. I have epilepsy and it has been acting up lately. When I have seizures I am in bed for days afterwards. My husband does not have the patience to take care of the tortoises and would like me to place them in a new home or two. They have been separated since young so could go to two homes. please reach me by my e-mail if you are interested. e-mail is [email protected] thank you so much. sadly, Hutsie

N

no one

That is awfull Hutsie!! I hope you find good homes for your Sulcatas. I have reumatism but my husband helps me on the bad days, with my animals. Take care...

Jay Bagley

Michigan
I wrote already, but thought I would add more. I need one or two homes for my Sulcattas because my health has been poor lately. I have epilepsy and it has been acting up lately. When I have seizures I am in bed for days afterwards. My husband does not have the patience to take care of the tortoises and would like me to place them in a new home or two. They have been separated since young so could go to two homes. please reach me by my e-mail if you are interested. e-mail is [email protected] thank you so much. sadly, Hutsie
I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope that your health improves, and you find good homes.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Be cautious of new members that only post on freebie threads. Most of them just want to resell your tortoise for profit.
Good luck and sorry you need to rehome them.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Greetings Hutsie,

I, too, am an epileptic tortoise keeper. From your post, I’m figuring you’re not keeping them in a very large outdoor yard? My most recent seizure that I suffered was a grand mal seizure I had while driving. This was the first grand mal seizure or seizure of any type that I’ve had while awake. Typically I experience them in my sleep. I had this one while driving, out on a country road. Luckily no other cars were involved and it involved no property damage other than to my s-10 blazer, it rolled 6x’s and then slid on its side for about 160’, for a good time, follow this link to see the pictures,
https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0cJtdOXm0qd0e4;42F9C595-33DE-40D4-9B0B-7C621B31BA74

I had at the time something like 7 sulcatas. They had a largish heated house and a good sized yard for grazing on. While I was in the hospital recovering for 30 days I was so very concerned about those tortoises of mine. The big kids out in the yard did fine on their own. My wonderful oldest sister came and stayed at my house helping with keeping the tortoises multiple waterdishes dumped and filled daily. The smaller, indoor young and pancakes she fed store bought greens. It can be done even if y’all are laid up and unable to help out more than just verbally helping with information.
I suggest you maybe convince your husband that it’s in his best interests to care for these 2 when y’all aren’t physically able. Let him know the tranquility and peace y’all find in your relationship with your tortoises. Maybe toss in the old, “After all, y’all love me as much as I love you, right?” Or if y’all don’t want to play dirty like that, maybe a local girls or boys scout troop might help you out with coming by weekly or two at a time, daily to help y’all out. Mind you, I am really trying to give you options to consider keeping them.
Cowboy Ken

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Greetings Hutsie,
I found your other thread before this one, and I replied a very lengthy reply. Please go check it out and maybe even have yer husband read it as well. ; )
Cowboy Ken

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
I'm so sorry you have to give them up. I hope you feel better soon. My husband wouldn't take care of Charlie if I can't. He thinks I baby him. Luckily my son lives close and come help in the short term.