Need help with heat and lighting_Russian Tortoise

Truemanfoo

Location (City and/or State)
San Clemente, CA
Hi everyone, I bought our Squirtle from a very reputable Reptile only store. They specifically told me to purchase the following which I did. Can someone tell me if this UVB and Heat Lamp is correct? I keep the red heat lamp on 24/7 and turn the UVB lamp off at night. The more I read on here, the more I read different info and get stressed out that I am doing something wrong. My Tortoise spends 99% of his day hiding under the half-log so I'm not sure what's going on.

LF-25_Combo_Deep_Dome_Dual_Lamp_Fixture-450x309 (1).jpg FS-C10_ReptiSun_10.0_Compact_Fluorescent-190x450.jpg RS-50_Nocturnal_Infrared_Heat_Lamp-274x450.jpg TTH-1_Tortoise_House-325x450.jpg

xMario

Germany
Hi everyone, I bought our Squirtle from a very reputable Reptile only store. They specifically told me to purchase the following which I did. Can someone tell me if this UVB and Heat Lamp is correct? I keep the red heat lamp on 24/7 and turn the UVB lamp off at night. The more I read on here, the more I read different info and get stressed out that I am doing something wrong. My Tortoise spends 99% of his day hiding under the half-log so I'm not sure what's going on.

View attachment 279643 View attachment 279642 View attachment 279644 View attachment 279645
Hello [emoji846]
Red bulbs should not be used. Tortoises see color way better than we do.
Ur uvb bulb produces almost no uvb and is bad for there eyes.

Ur tortoise house will work for now
If u follow the Russian care guide here u won't have a problem

https://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/russian-tortoise-care-sheet.80698/

Truemanfoo

San Clemente, CA

xMario

Germany
Huh? I am baffled, that's what i am saying....i keep getting different info! Thank you.
Yep the info out there is mostly old and outdated I had the same problem with my sulcata but believe me if u follow the guides on this forum ur tortoise will have a beautiful life! [emoji16]

Truemanfoo

San Clemente, CA
Yep the info out there is mostly old and outdated I had the same problem with my sulcata but believe me if u follow the guides on this forum ur tortoise will have a beautiful life! [emoji16]
The guides are not telling me exactly what i need to know. Can someone literally give me a link to the exact lighting and heat that i need? and also the temperature gauge? thank you so much