need help to identify my tortoise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amrey

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Cairo
hello to all
im new here and i have a problem to identify my tortoise. i've bought a tortoise from local pet store at zagaziq (one of provinces in Egypt). Theres so many egyptian tortoises at that store. I do like egyptian tortoise (t.kleimanni) but i already have one at my home so at that day i tried to buy other type of tortoise. so the store owner recommended me a tortoise but i cannot identify it. so i asked the store owner the type of the tortoise he recommended but he just said it Saharan tortoise. so im pretty sure theres alot of saharan tortoises. so hope u all can help me please :)

IMG_0418_zpsa6f90ddc.jpg

IMG_0417_zps43880963.jpg

IMG_0414_zpsc05d537c.jpg

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Looks like a Negev kleimanni. Theres different types and locales but they are all still classified as kleinmanni, as no scientific haplotypes were strong enough to indicate sub species of the Egyptian tort. Interesting how there arent any chevrons on its plastron.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Thats a good indication of it being a kleinmanni. The photo of this girl represents a good mature growth and aged shell, but yet still very small. Egyptians are next in line under homopus as the smallest tortoise species.

billskleins

5 Year Member
Looks like a very nice Egyptian. Sometimes older ones lose the chevrons on the bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.