Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Ga
I think it's still too young.

William Lee Kohler

5 Year Member
Eugene, OR
Tail looks to be male and shell seems starting to develop a "waist" but is plastron becoming concave? If so then Male but if pretty flat than probably girl. My vote is a boy.

willee638

HK
Can someone help me determine the sex of the tortoise pictured. I think it is female.
20200213_172734.png According to this example I was able with certainty of the sex of my baby red foot tortoise, regardless of it's age it was identical to what the chart shows unless someone has a more ingenious way.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
View attachment 286732 According to this example I was able with certainty of the sex of my baby red foot tortoise, regardless of it's age it was identical to what the chart shows unless someone has a more ingenious way.
You can't tell for sure till about 4-5 years usually. The concave shell and tail features won't show up till then.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
According to this example I was able with certainty of the sex of my baby red foot tortoise, regardless of it's age it was identical to what the chart shows unless someone has a more ingenious way.
The secondary sexual characteristics shown in these fantastic charts don't show up until they are closer to maturity. The tail size and anal scute shape is very homogenous when they are babies.