Need help naming my tortoise!!!

StarSapphire22

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fargo, ND
I was thinking through different scientists and I have always wanted to name a pet Darwin. It didn't fit my dog, so he was named Duke instead and I don't really think it fits my little guy. So I started looking through the different scientists associated with Darwin and I found Thomas Henry Huxley. I thought Huxley would be a cute name for him/her and it isn't really gender specific. What do you guys think?

I like it. :D

Though it makes me think of "Brave New World", which is also kinda sciencey I suppose.

zenoandthetortoise

5 Year Member
Hi there. I almost never post anymore, but as a fellow science dork, maybe here I could help. I have in my menagerie, Darwin, Wallace, Archimedes, Huxley (Thomas, the biologist, not Aldous the writer), Newton and Lyell. Feel free to use any that fits. And congrats on the new tort

Mommyof4

Location (City and/or State)
Wisconsin
Hi there. I almost never post anymore, but as a fellow science dork, maybe here I could help. I have in my menagerie, Darwin, Wallace, Archimedes, Huxley (Thomas, the biologist, not Aldous the writer), Newton and Lyell. Feel free to use any that fits. And congrats on the new tort
I think I'm going to use Huxley!!!! Although I thought long and hard about Darwin and Wallace also. Thank you!