Need help identifying subspecies of Greek!

rachmodawg

Location (City and/or State)
Unites States
Hello, this is my first time posting on the forum but I have been a member since I got my first tort (Sgt. Pepper) in October. I have a few questions so I just thought I'd ask them all in one place.
  1. The first picture os the day I got him, which was October 12th. The most recent picture at the bottom are from today (June 19). I was wondering if anyone could give me a guess on how old he is?
  2. I would love to know what subspecies of tortoise he is. The breeder said he was a "Jordanian Greek, Testudo Graeca sp." After much research on that species, I have come up try to a conclusive species from this with no luck. Does anyone have an idea?
  3. He also ONLY eats kale. And only the "Turscan Kale" from wegmans. I have tried various weeds and plants, and though he likes weeds sometimes I live very North so these weeds are not plenty.If I don't give him Kale and give him something else, he won't eat! Does anyone have any tips or ideas on what to do about this picky eater?
I refer to him as a "he" simply because I always have. I know he hasn't developed, but would anyone want to take a guess if he is male or female? :) I know it is early but I'm excited about finding out.
Other than these concerns, he is an incredible, happy animal. He brings joy to my family and I every day. I just want him to be as happy and healthy as possible.
Thank you in advance to those of you who respond! :)
- Pep's Mama

Last edited: