Need help choosing the right UVB bulb! Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tupacliveson16

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
The Colony Texas!
I have 3 aquatic turtles and one red foot tortoise. They are ll about 6 months old. I need to buy a new UVB bulb, because the one i had, has yhe potential to make them them blins.
For my aquatic turtles, I currently have a 5.0 UVB strip light on one end of the 55 gallon tank. This is for the muskies. Near there basking area, i have a heat bulb that does a great job, but now they don't have UVB on their basking area. What do you advise I get, and stay away from? Pictures will help.
On my tortoise table, i have a 150 watt CHE, and no UVB bulb currently because of this problem. What should i get? What should i avoid? Please help. Im so worried about my shelled friends..:(

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Put the 5.0 on the same end as the basking bulb. Get the same kind of 5.0 or 10.0 for the RF or get the RF a mercury vapor bulb. The only one to stay away from that I know if it the coil bulbs.

tupacliveson16

5 Year Member
The Colony Texas!
W
wellington said:
Put the 5.0 on the same end as the basking bulb. Get the same kind of 5.0 or 10.0 for the RF or get the RF a mercury vapor bulb. The only one to stay away from that I know if it the coil bulbs.

When i put the 5.0 on the same end, are you referring to the aquarium? And, i thought adding a MVB will cause to much heat? Can they be put in a clamp lamp? Can it be angled? Or does it have to be strait down?

Status
Not open for further replies.