Need an advice (sulcata tortoise beginner)

harddii

Location (City and/or State)
Jakarta
Hello everybody,
Meet my two lovely sulcata, I named them: Voldetort II and Voldetort III
sulcata.jpeg

we live in Tangerang, Indonesia.
here is our enclosure (Tortoise table with some coco husk bedding)
enclosure.jpg
subs.jpg

here are our daily care product with composition included : (shampoo, reptile oil, disinfectant, and tortoise pellets, and shell moisturizer)
View attachment 298407
View attachment 298408
View attachment 298409
View attachment 298410
moon.jpg
(it says tortoise shell moisturizer)

this is what I feed them every day :
  1. Hibiscus leaves
  2. I don't know what's the English word for this but we call them "siomak and fumak", it's basically a green vegetable like the following picture : siomak.jpg
  3. Pellets (this is the last options because my bigger tortoise won't eat any 2 options I mentioned before, or at least just a little)

and this is how I treat them every morning :
  1. I let them take a walk every morning from the moment I wake up until the sunshine hit my backyard
  2. I soak them for a short 30 minutes (+ sunshine) to let them have a poop and their urates (the white things) to come out
  3. the next 1 hour I let them eat under then sunlight and I spray them with water every 20 minutes so they don't get overheated
  4. after that, I wash them with tortoise shampoo and then soak them again for the next 30 minutes
  5. i only use the shell moisturizer once every week
  6. I put them in the tortoise table for the rest of the day with
I already read the sulcata care sheet but still, there are things that I still find confusing (because I live in Indonesia and the majority of you from the US or Europe)
they are :
  1. Temperature and Humidity, my thermometer and hygrometer reading says that the normal temp and humid (without any additional heat) is around 92 degree and 66%. is that okay? or do i need to add an additional heat lamp?
  2. heat lamp, in the sulcata care sheet they always mentioned the "flood bulb" but I can't find one in my country do you have any suggestions?
  3. my enclosure, I bought my tortoise table long before I know TFO, and I just wanna make things work from what I have. do you think I can counteract the loss of humidity by regularly spraying the tortoise carapace and surrounding by water? or there is another way that works better?
  4. tortoise diet, my bigger sulcata won't eat any leaves or vegetables, I think this bad habit arises from the seller, how to make him love grass and leaves? is it safe to make him fast until he really hungry or it's not worth it?
That's all from me, I really need advice and criticism from everyone. thank you.

Attachments

• siomak.jpg
    siomak.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 0

nicoleann2214

Location (City and/or State)
NY
Hello everybody,
Meet my two lovely sulcata, I named them: Voldetort II and Voldetort III
View attachment 298416

we live in Tangerang, Indonesia.
here is our enclosure (Tortoise table with some coco husk bedding)
View attachment 298412
View attachment 298413

here are our daily care product with composition included : (shampoo, reptile oil, disinfectant, and tortoise pellets, and shell moisturizer)
View attachment 298407
View attachment 298408
View attachment 298409
View attachment 298410
View attachment 298411
(it says tortoise shell moisturizer)

this is what I feed them every day :
  1. Hibiscus leaves
  2. I don't know what's the English word for this but we call them "siomak and fumak", it's basically a green vegetable like the following picture : View attachment 298415
  3. Pellets (this is the last options because my bigger tortoise won't eat any 2 options I mentioned before, or at least just a little)

and this is how I treat them every morning :
  1. I let them take a walk every morning from the moment I wake up until the sunshine hit my backyard
  2. I soak them for a short 30 minutes (+ sunshine) to let them have a poop and their urates (the white things) to come out
  3. the next 1 hour I let them eat under then sunlight and I spray them with water every 20 minutes so they don't get overheated
  4. after that, I wash them with tortoise shampoo and then soak them again for the next 30 minutes
  5. i only use the shell moisturizer once every week
  6. I put them in the tortoise table for the rest of the day with
I already read the sulcata care sheet but still, there are things that I still find confusing (because I live in Indonesia and the majority of you from the US or Europe)
they are :
  1. Temperature and Humidity, my thermometer and hygrometer reading says that the normal temp and humid (without any additional heat) is around 92 degree and 66%. is that okay? or do i need to add an additional heat lamp?
  2. heat lamp, in the sulcata care sheet they always mentioned the "flood bulb" but I can't find one in my country do you have any suggestions?
  3. my enclosure, I bought my tortoise table long before I know TFO, and I just wanna make things work from what I have. do you think I can counteract the loss of humidity by regularly spraying the tortoise carapace and surrounding by water? or there is another way that works better?
  4. tortoise diet, my bigger sulcata won't eat any leaves or vegetables, I think this bad habit arises from the seller, how to make him love grass and leaves? is it safe to make him fast until he really hungry or it's not worth it?
That's all from me, I really need advice and criticism from everyone. thank you.
Cute Sulcatas, I have one as well? you should really look into separating them. Sulcatas don’t do good in pairs, @Tom s sheet has a lot of good care info.