Need advise PLEASE

sueb4653

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Pueblo West
When I took the torts outside this morning Yerdel starting digging a hole with her hind legs I know this is indicative of egg laying. About a month ago I know the male caught her. She didn't lay anything in this hole but I also know they may make several holes. They don't have a permanent outside enclosure at this new house so in the inside enclosure I made a huge mound of dirt is this going to be enough? what else should I do? I don't want her to get egg bound if this is egg laying behavior. Please someone give me some advise..
DSCN0143_zps0c3025b0.jpg
DSCN0145_zpse4ddb1b1.jpg

sueb4653

5 Year Member
Pueblo West
btw Yerdel laid 3 eggs I got advise elsewhere on the net ( because no one made even a comment in my asking for help)
thanks

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Sorry about that. I couldn't have helped anyway, I have never had eggs. If it was over the Holiday weekend, I would imagine the online numbers were low. Anyway, good luck, hope they all hatch for you.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Incase you didn't know, if you put in a search on the forum and mention eggs in the title, you will most likely find the help in older threads. Sometimes you might have to word it a couple different ways to get the right thread that answers your question, but you will most likely find one that will help. Almost every question has been asked and answered some place in the archives

Jlant85

5 Year Member
California
hi Sue, Sorry we was not able to help you out right away. Sorry i try to log on as often as i can here but i think i spoke to you in FB. Im assuming your Sue Ball.

Star-of-India

10 Year Member!
Clearly you have a broody tort. That's great! Unfortunately I don't have the expertise to advise you. But very cool!

biochemnerd808

10 Year Member!
Central Arkansas (we moved!)
Glad to hear your tortoise laid her eggs without a problem! Did she lay them indoors, or outside?
One of my RT females started nesting when it was too cold to send them outside, so I filled a big kitty litter pan with moist topsoil, and she dug a nest in there and laid 3 beautiful eggs. 2 of them just hatched. :) She laid another clutch outdoors 2 weeks later.