Need advice for indoor and outdoor enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocky1998

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Scotland
I pave had my torts for about 2 weeks and they acclimatised very well to there new enclosure , unfortunately this is far too small for them 2 and I've been told to split them both up for each others sake ...
What I really want is to build my own enclosure , if I can't then I think my joiner can help ... Although I really don't want to buy an enclosure since there usually quite pricey ... Do you have any thoughts or ideas in regards to this enclosure that I am thinking of building ???
As for the outdoor one , I have an unusual rear area at the back of my house which is plainly concrete and a few bits of decking , wouldn't be considered as a garden at all really ... Although my parents are moving to a more suburban area of the city in a year possibly which has gardens in almost every house ... So can the 2 year old Russians hold on till about a year to actually get an outside pen ? I promise to make it amazing no matter how much the cost but I really don't want to distress the torts .. I just want a simple but large indoor and outdoor living space that is ideal for a Russian ...
*will be keeping both tortoises separate from each other :)

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
Yes, they can wait a year for a really great outdoor enclosure. They are going to live a long time. ;)

Meanwhile, maybe you can have a kiddie pool with some dirt and a piece of wood across one side, and let them have some outside sun time for 1/2 to 1 hour 3-4 x per week while you watch over them?

WillTort2

5 Year Member
Measure your indoor space and build as large as possible with your space and budget limitations. Keep in mind tortoises can climb easily so a ramp to a second story is a good exercise tool for your tortoise.

Good luck.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
The kiddie pool is a great idea. Many uses them. Also, take a look in the enclosure section for ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.