Need a leopard tortoise, pardalis pardalis, giant s. Africsn male.

Razorback tortoise

Location (City and/or State)
Hot Springs, ar
I have a 9 y.o female p.p. and she is huge. 36 lbs and 18.5 inches long and 11 inches across-- bottom measurements.
I bought her and another leopard from 2 separate breeders from Phoenix in 2011.
The other tort ended up being a much smaller B abcocki sub species. He tries his best to mate with her for the past 2 years but he is just too small or she isn't interested, not sure,. He is 10 inches long and about 10 lbs. Very healthy and he can really move quickly.

Dmoser

Florida
So I have a 14 year old male Leopard, raised from a baby, who needs female company, I realize your talking about your male, but any interest in or know anyone who has a female they’d part with?

Thanks !

Dave

Razorback tortoise

Hot Springs, ar
I was hoping to find a male P.pardalis.. She keeps growing..i had a breeder look at her pic and he thinks she might be a hybrid as Richard Fife was the breeder....he thinks he has some hybrids. I might run out if time as I am 67 y.o.

Dmoser

Florida
Too bad we are not close, we could do a deal, use mine as the stud. Well thanks for replying, I’m 67 also! Going to keep searching someone has a female, but exhausted all the local breeders.

Razorback tortoise

Hot Springs, ar
Yep. Wanted to pump out a male. Lol.
That's what they do with dogs s..makes sense.

I just ordered a new tort from a breeder in AZ. A true P.pardalis . he is asking $275 plus shipping.

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas
So I have a 14 year old male Leopard, raised from a baby, who needs female company, I realize your talking about your male, but any interest in or know anyone who has a female they’d part with?

Thanks !

Dave
Tortoises are solitary animals that should not be kept in pairs. Your tortoise will greatly stress the female, and mate her to injury or death. He doesn’t need or want a female and would be much happier alone, but if you do want to keep multiple, make sure you get 2 or more so that aggression is spread and a pecking order can be formed.

EllyMae

Shellman, GA
I’m not looking to breed. Just looking for an awesome amazing spectacular leopard or Sulcata, or a mix!
I’m 30yo, so if y’all are looking to downsize sometime, let me know.