Nebraska?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Nebraska
ExoticsDr- Dontcha love Runzas? If I ever moved out of the Runza range, I'd have to make periodic pilgrammages back. I have heard of people doing that for White Castle, but I've tried those and don't see the allure.

Montana- Hell, kick us all ya want. We can take it. I'd love to know what the image you posted was but it did not go through. I'm also curious as to where YOU are from? Montana as your name suggests? Or someplace you are too embarrassed to claim?

Art- You probably insulted one of Terry O's kin, ya big meanie. And why doesn't it surprise me that you are into paleo?

(It is a Nebraska custom to shout 'Go Huskers', or more generically, 'Go Big Red' right about now, but I am a football atheist.)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
montana said:
It`s not like me to kick someone while they are down and I am very very sorry ..

I know you all must be so disappointed !!! Too bad...

Hmmm to my knowledge Nebraska in no way is down, we are just giving others a chance. :p So no disappointment is happening in this state.

Madkins007 said:
ExoticsDr- Dontcha love Runzas? If I ever moved out of the Runza range, I'd have to make periodic pilgrammages back. I have heard of people doing that for White Castle, but I've tried those and don't see the allure.

I know somebody who actually every so often will fly into Nebraska just to get a Runza fix.

exoticsdr

5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Southeast Texas
Whenever we travel north to the South Dakota to visit family, we stop in Nebraska City and have a Runza and then either at that time or on the way back we pick up a bunch of frozen goodies to bring home and deliver to family in Oklahoma City....it is a tradition.

montana

5 Year Member
Montana- Hell, kick us all ya want. We can take it. I'd love to know what the image you posted was but it did not go through. I'm also curious as to where YOU are from? Montana as your name suggests? Or someplace you are too embarrassed to claim?

Read more: http://www.tortoiseforum.org/Thread-Nebraska?page=2#ixzz1EE6E1Ha4
I grew up long ago in eastern Iowa along the Mississippi

We would often visit Illinois and Minnesota but my father said that south west of us was the end of the world and not to go that way ..

After doing five years in a eastern Iowa high school for a crime I may or my not of committed I succumbed to the call of the Rocky Mountains ...

I moved to north west Montana 30 years ago and never looked back .. Yaak is the town near me as I live way out in the woods .. I worked as a logger ,a lumber mill worker and lately I have been building log structures and timber framing ...I raise bluetick and walker big game hounds [bear and lion ] .. I also raise rat terriers ..

We raise chickens game birds turkeys, ducks ,geese , Pot belly pigs . goats and many rabbits ...

We have riding horses and pack stock ..

I have two ponds and several aquariums ..

I also have a new tegu ...

We enjoy gardening and have seven gardens that we seem not to ever keep up with but they grow tall and lush in the short growing season up here on the mountain..

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
I love the woods and rivers of Eastern Iowa, and have never been to Big Sky country, but would probably love it as well.

I was born in Omaha and will probably die here, but would love to move somewhere else. We've been playing a game of moving to New Zealand or some small town in the Rockies, but things are pretty comfy here.

Besides- gotta stay near the source of all things Runza-ific!

(Well, at least I know where I am going for lunch now!)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I just wanted to let you all know that I have enjoyed this thread immensely! I know it got a little OT, but I don't think the OP minded. Thanks for the glimpse into your lives!

pebblelu

5 Year Member
Is Mr. C still there?? ( i think thats it.) there were a couple differnt restraunts from that family.
I loved the runza's to.
I was born in omaha and would like to get back and visit some day.

Status
Not open for further replies.