Nearly 1,500 Live Turtles Found in Smugglers' Luggage

Status
Not open for further replies.

CGKeith

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Hmm, all I see is a picture of a box turtle, but the article is talking about pig nosed turtles. :(

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I love the fact that the article says " authorities believe they were headed for the illegal pet trade" like he was gonna do anything else with them, and I have to ask where did he find almost 1500 fly turtles?

ShadowRancher

10 Year Member!
Columbia, SC
This breaks my heart flys are definitely the most unique aquatics out there...I hope the "authorities" had something to do with them? A a rehab site? There was no mention.

I would love a fly river, i fell in love with them after I saw the bit Attenborough did awhile back but I would be too afraid to ever get one because of this sort of thing

GBtortoises

10 Year Member!
The Catskill Mountains of New York State
dmmj said:
I love the fact that the article says " authorities believe they were headed for the illegal pet trade" like he was gonna do anything else with them, and I have to ask where did he find almost 1500 fly turtles?

Ya gotta assume that many in two suitcases must have been very small size turtles-hatchlings. My guess as to where you get that many-nest robbing in the wild.

Status
Not open for further replies.