Naturally Planted Enclosures!! Post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyler0912

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Blackburn, U.K.
So yes, i want a natural planted enclosure, i have seen peoples like TerryO's Theyre Stunning. Just Tietá is a bulldozer. haha
So please can people post pictures of there natural enclosures on this thread? Photos...
Im looking for ideas.
I like the idea of my tortoises hiding in foliage instead of plant pots ;)

TortoiseWorld

5 Year Member
Lisle Illinois
Some tortoise are destructive and will eat your plants which might not good for their diet so use some big clay pots and even elevate the pots on bricks so they can't reach the plants but the foliage will canopy the light like in their natural environment. You can even layout those bricks in a way as to build a underground humid hide burrow with the clay pot on the top. The tortoises will really be attracted to the hide. Vic Morgan gave me this suggestion.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Solo is over two years old now so she has no hide anymore. On one side of the viv., I take a bunch of silk green plants and stick them in the substrate and bend them over to form a cave. I put a open shelf (the one's with plastic coated grill) under the plants and when I bend the plants over it covers the grill shelf. The silk plants stay wet a long time and they hold in the humidity. Inside the cave I put long fiber moss. I wet it with hot water and squeeze it out and fluff it up.

018-44.jpg

fluffypanda17

5 Year Member
This is a photo of my Redfoot from him old planted set up. But I tore it down because (as many of you know) I couldn't take the amount of gnats that it produced!

image-1394337582.png

image-2363685381.png

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Terryo, will you come to my house and set up my tank? :)

NY to CA, not too far, right?

I'm sure other TFO'ers along the way will let you stop by so you can set up their tank's too!

It could be quite the road trip ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.