Naturally incubated eggs!

Jabuticaba

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Winnipeg, MB
Fantastic! Congrats and I hope you find more.

May
THBs: Darwin & Merlin
Aussies: Dax, Vegas, & Cricket
IG: @AUSSOMEAUSSIES

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I just wanted to share an experience I had on this topic. This a.m. I noticed a clean hole next to a fence in the leopard tortoise yard. I gently excavated the hole and found several very old leopard eggs. The smell told me they didn't make it. I opened one or two of them and the babies were perfectly formed but dead and stinking.

russian/sulcata/tortoise

5 Year Member
Northern California, bay area
I just wanted to share an experience I had on this topic. This a.m. I noticed a clean hole next to a fence in the leopard tortoise yard. I gently excavated the hole and found several very old leopard eggs. The smell told me they didn't make it. I opened one or two of them and the babies were perfectly formed but dead and stinking.
sorry for your leopards:(. have you ever found any naturally hatched russians?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
As a matter of fact, I did. About 3 or 4 years ago, I found two Russian babies in their yard. Never did find the nest or more babies.

Terese: If I'm remembering correctly, you're in Washington, right? Do you have a red ant problem there? Generally that's what happens to my eggs if I leave them in the ground. The ants eat them.

Jabuticaba

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, MB
Sorry to hear that Yvonne. :(

May
THBs: Darwin & Merlin
Aussies: Dax, Vegas, & Cricket
IG: @AUSSOMEAUSSIES

russian/sulcata/tortoise

5 Year Member
Northern California, bay area
As a matter of fact, I did. About 3 or 4 years ago, I found two Russian babies in their yard. Never did find the nest or more babies.

Terese: If I'm remembering correctly, you're in Washington, right? Do you have a red ant problem there? Generally that's what happens to my eggs if I leave them in the ground. The ants eat them.
im in north cali

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi "Russian/Sulcata/Tortoise":

It would be a good idea for you to start your own thread and ask your questions about hatching Russian eggs. I know my post was a little off topic, but it actually did pertain to the subject. But asking questions about your own hatching problems would be best on your own thread.

lvstorts

10 Year Member!

Yvonne,
Yes your are correct. I'm in Washington. I'm really lucky where I'm located (Eastern, WA) in terms of preditors. I don't have many red ants...can't remember the last time I saw one! I don't have Raccoons, Fox, weasels, skunks...those types of critters live closer to the Columbia/Yakima and Snake rivers. I'm a couple miles inland!

Terese Meyer
www.Northwesttortoise.com
visit me on FaceBook at Northwest Tortoise

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA

Sorry to hear that Yvonne. Can you estimate the reason why?? I got it....Red ants. possible......