NARBC 2009 Photos (PHOTO HEAVY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Inland Empire, CA
Kadaan, Great pics now I don't have to post many at all. Sorry I missed you there. Tyler said you introduced yourself to him though. Hope you had as great a time as I did. I also saw Candy at the show and she took a few pics. :)

Kadaan

5 Year Member
Irvine, CA
I had a wonderful time! I could have stayed there all day taking photos of every single animal at the show, haha! :D All the different species of turtles and tortoises are so beautiful I can see how people slowly grow their families into dozens of them!

Da915

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Jamul Ca.
Nice clear pictures, thanks for sharing! Plenty of tortoise inventory, but were people buying? Several venders at the San Diego Show indicated that business was slow. Time for a bounce?

Don

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
I wish you would have posted a picture of yourself so I could have seen whether or not I had spotted you and just didn't know who you were. Your pictures are awesome and I remember every container and the cute little tortoises that were in them.

Kadaan

5 Year Member
Irvine, CA
Isa said:
Really nice pictures :D Thank you so much for sharing. Did you buy anything :)
I picked up a spare UVB bulb ($38 for a 100W T-Rex UVB) but nothing else. I'm picking up my first hatchling from a breeder TOMORROW (so excited!) so I wasn't really shopping for one at the expo. I was tempted to get a Pink Toed Tarantula; I wanted a tarantula when I first moved to the mainland and was trying to decide between one of those and a Chilean Rose. I ended up with a Chilean Rose since they had one at PetCo but have always wanted another. My girlfriend already thinks I have too many pets and would have given me a hard time if I randomly came home with another one. Maybe in a few months :).

Candy said:
I wish you would have posted a picture of yourself so I could have seen whether or not I had spotted you and just didn't know who you were. Your pictures are awesome and I remember every container and the cute little tortoises that were in them.
I was there from about 1:30pm to about 4:00pm, walking up and down every isle slowly drooling and taking photos :). This is the most recent photo of myself I could find, from 2 weekends ago at Blizzcon (also at the Anaheim Convention Center.) I did get a haircut last weekend though, so my hair is quite a bit shorter now.

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
I am repeatedly struck by the variation in colors and patterns of the different breeds of tortoises. Who knew? I wonder what features you tortoise experts look at first to determine species, sub species, and gender. Is it the plastron that reveals these identities or the carapace? What about the colors and shapes of those sweet little faces---again, I never realized how much distinction there is among individual tortoise types!

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Great pictures :)

I did though have to fix your pictures :p It's much easier to see them vertically. :D

Danny

Kadaan

5 Year Member
Irvine, CA
egyptiandan said:
Great pictures :)

I did though have to fix your pictures :p It's much easier to see them vertically. :D

Danny

You must have a huge monitor! I think they auto wrap, so on my laptop they show 1 photo per row but on my desktop it showed 2 photos per row.

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Mine was 10 per row :p except the last row and it's a laptop :D I wish it was only 2 per row.

Danny

Status
Not open for further replies.