Nano Reef Tanks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Redlands, CA
anyone here into nano reef tanks? i have a couple friends who are really into this expensive hobby and their tanks look amazing but this seems like a really demanding hobby -- lots of time and money!
if you have any photos, please share!

(this is a neat photo i found on google images)
fullpic2.jpg

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
I had a friend who had one.. very time intensive, $$$$ it was better to watch then TV at times.. all the creatures that were in the live rock. some not so good! Mantis Shrimp...devils!!
Her tank was gorgeous! lots of corrals, it was very happy. but she just couldnt keep it up and if the power went out... dying tank!
She sold it. lost a lot of money on it, but she feels so free now!

james

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
san diego
those are amazing. i've been wanting one so bad, but just too much money and commitment. you should take a look at live vivariums, with the front door that opens. you can use real plants and moss, and even have an arrow frog in there. my friend has one and when he opens the glass door, it seems like you're in a mini jungle! i am definitely getting one of those. kind of like a baby step to the reef tank. you can have water features as well. my friend works at LLL down here in escondido and makes THE BEST vivariums i've seen. very realistic looking. it's like an art for him. i've attached a link to check out. i found the link from google, i don't think my friend has any pictures of his viv.

http://www.blackjungle.com/terrarium.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.