Names?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lstrayer92

5 Year Member
Hey everyone I just ordered my female russian ( finally decided after days of flip flopping haha), anyway now I am in need of suggestions for names, I was thinking Cleo but what do you guys think? Any suggestions for me?

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kingman, Arizona
I've got a huge female russian I named, “Roseanne"(Barr) and then another female whose shell flairs out like a skirt named, “Paris"(Hilton) another whose missing multiple toes from the previous owner housing it with a rabbit, when I can come up with a suitable, slasher name for her…but that's how I name. Oddly, it takes me awhile for the name to develop. I once had a dog named Spot for 6 months because I didn't know his real name yet.

Lstrayer92

5 Year Member
Thats a good method haha. When I got my male I already had his name and very thing and it seeps to work for him, he just looks like a turk haha

alysciaingram

5 Year Member
Florida
I do theme names for all my animals. I have my mammals who are all "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" named, and my torts are all Super Mario bad guys. I just think it's great when people actually realize what characters I matched their personality with.

theelectraco

5 Year Member
All of my animals are named after Taco Bell menu items. Lol. I have Dorito Loco my tort, Baja blast my powder blue guarami and my crested geckos name is Chalupa.

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
theelectraco said:
All of my animals are named after Taco Bell menu items. Lol. I have Dorito Loco my tort, Baja blast my powder blue guarami and my crested geckos name is Chalupa.
We both must love Taco Bell.

theelectraco

5 Year Member
I have a very unhealthy Taco Bell habit. It's the only fast food I usually eat and I never get tired of it. Even eating it 4x a week I always crave it.

Lstrayer92

5 Year Member
Haha the Taco Bell one is funny! I too have an unhealthy obsession with Taco Bell! And turk (my male) is from a Disney movie. Tarzan actually, turk is actually a girl in the movie haha. But Cleo is also from a Disney movie it's a fish in Pinocchio haha and that's the name I was thinking about. But it's very interesting hearing about how you guys name yours!!

I was also thinking about nyx it's the goddess of night in my favorite book series

Lstrayer92

5 Year Member
I think I finally found a name that I like, Ivy.. what do you all think?

shellfreak

10 Year Member!
Great name. Lock it in. I don't have names for my Russians or box turtles. But my Greek is Norman, named after a character in my favorite movie "and a river runs through it". My red foot is strawberry, Bc it wouldn't eat for a month after it hatched, and the first thing it did eat was a strawberry. My sulcata is July Bc my daughter was born in July. And my 2 year old box turtle is Scoli, short for scoliosis, Bc it has an extra an extra scute and looks like it has scoliosis. And I'm in the spine business, so I thought it was appropriate.

Lstrayer92

5 Year Member
Thanks😄 you sure do have alot of torts! Haha my boyfriend said I'm limited to two haha, if it was my choice I'd open up a whole tortoise farm haha!

diaboliqueturtle

5 Year Member
Toronto, Canada
My young daughters named our red foot Princesse, I named my 3 toed Crystal as she will eventually look like a crystal ball. Hubby named our 3 new boxies Hotrod, Gixxer and Vmax :)

pepsiandjac

10 Year Member!
Swansea UK
I named my 3 Dopey,Happy and Grumpy and they really suit their names.
Only 4 more to go lol

banshee4711

5 Year Member
Anaheim, CA
I always though sal, for salmonella, would make a nice name. Could go with Sally as female too

Lstrayer92

5 Year Member
It's a russian lol and I picked ivy but my dad calls her inga hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.