Names for a female Russian tortoise?

Rue

Location (City and/or State)
Canada
Well you won't know if it's a boy or girl for while. ..how about Ivan/Ivana if you want a Russian name? ;)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
We see an awful lot of Natashas.

cmarriott

Colorado
Sorry to ask something not related to this thread, but how do I post on my own I'm fairly confused. Thanks!

GingerLove

5 Year Member
You select where you want to post, let's say, General Tortoise discussion. Then there should be an option to create your own thread? If not, select something in general discussion, and then there should be the option at the top of the screen. It's a red button.
And I think the name should be "Miss Howell". ;) That's the name I'm planning to give my future Aldabra.

cmarriott

Colorado
You select where you want to post, let's say, General Tortoise discussion. Then there should be an option to create your own thread? If not, select something in general discussion, and then there should be the option at the top of the screen. It's a red button.
And I think the name should be "Miss Howell". ;) That's the name I'm planning to give my future Aldabra.
Thank you!

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
If you want to stay with the "Russian theme", here are few Russian words you could use: Katyusha, Kalinka, Narodna, Krassavitza, Perestroyka, or Cherepakha

Rue

Canada
I have a Russian side of the family...those names sound like a bit of a mouthful...lol...

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
I have a Russian side of the family...those names sound like a bit of a mouthful...lol...
I know, but how unique! Btw, Cherepakha (spelled phonetically) means-turtle, not sure if there is another word for tortoise, in some languages the distinction is made by adding adjective describing habitat (land or water)