Name Help!(:

Status
Not open for further replies.

HipsterTorts

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
So I've had Indie for awhile she really healthy so I've decided I want to expand and focus on ibera greeks(or just greeks in general) Since I'm still a newbie to this whole tortoise thing I think its better to focus on one species rather then by a ton. Once I'm confident with the one I have then maybe possibly move on. (Don't hold me to this, I'm 17 my thought process changes a lot)

So I'm getting another ibera, my dad said it can be my chirstmas present. Well just my luck I looked on Tyler's site and he has big ibera hatchlings. I emailed him yesterday and he said the biggest was probably around 2.5" Indie's only a little bit bigger then that(she almost 3") Plus, they'll be seperated for a little bit so I went ahead with it. Now I'm just waiting, Tyler's holding the biggest hatchling he has(my request :p) until his last shipping day before christmas(my dads request:( )

Now I have to think of a name! I have until the 22nd to come up with one but I'm so impatient. So if you have any suggestions please tell!

I kinda want it to flow with Indie and Willow's names, which I've been told are "total hippie names"

I mean wouldn't it sound weird if I was like "these are my tortoises Indie, Willow, and Beth." Yeah, sounds weird.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
I like Madmartigan as well.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
HipsterTorts said:
So I've had Indie for awhile she really healthy so I've decided I want to expand and focus on ibera greeks(or just greeks in general) Since I'm still a newbie to this whole tortoise thing I think its better to focus on one species rather then by a ton. Once I'm confident with the one I have then maybe possibly move on. (Don't hold me to this, I'm 17 my thought process changes a lot)

So I'm getting another ibera, my dad said it can be my chirstmas present. Well just my luck I looked on Tyler's site and he has big ibera hatchlings. I emailed him yesterday and he said the biggest was probably around 2.5" Indie's only a little bit bigger then that(she almost 3") Plus, they'll be seperated for a little bit so I went ahead with it. Now I'm just waiting, Tyler's holding the biggest hatchling he has(my request :p) until his last shipping day before christmas(my dads request:( )

Now I have to think of a name! I have until the 22nd to come up with one but I'm so impatient. So if you have any suggestions please tell!

I kinda want it to flow with Indie and Willow's names, which I've been told are "total hippie names"

I mean wouldn't it sound weird if I was like "these are my tortoises Indie, Willow, and Beth." Yeah, sounds weird.

"Zonker" is a "total hippie names"...

wheatpatch.gif

Utah Lynn

5 Year Member
I name all of mine "Spot"; but I give them nicknames as well...#1, #2, #3, #4, #5. I'm 65. My thought processes also change. What can I say?
Good Luck. :D

adsum

5 Year Member
River or Forest? Winter? Do you know what month it hatched in? I think October & September make cute names. Normally I'd throw in Aspen & Cypress as other tree names but it might a little odd with that being common tortoise substrate and all...

Linzbragg

5 Year Member
Since it's a Greek tort, you should give it a Greek name...like from ancient mythology. They're beautiful, cool names and also very hippie like (;

mytwotortys

5 Year Member
If you want a naturey kind of name, then try naming it after riversong on dr who lol or mr turtle like on my name is earl XD
Also off the top of my head there's oaky, jelly, mimi, Lola, biscuit, nibbles, tigger, splodge, porridge, Shelley, shelby, flipper, dotty, Fred, bean, buddy, Poppy, coffee, swish or penny these are all random names but I think they're kinda cute :p
You could name it after your favourite character on your favourite DVD or film, or even after famous people. you're only limited by your imagination I guess!!! :):D

MatrixDJ

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Personally, I usually go with Greek names for Greek torts. First there was Athena (daughter of Zeus and the goddess of wisdom among others) and now there is Naiya (I know it doesn't really fit but it means water nymph). I like to use there personalities in there names too. I remember one of the first threads I ever read on this forum was someone who recieved a tortoise and it was running laps around the table so they named it Indy, like the Indy 500. Maybe that was a review on tortoisesupply.com... not sure but you get the idea ;) Good luck!! And pre-Gratz on the baby!!!

Wicked Demon

5 Year Member
Gravi-T (gravity)
You know like Ice-T, and if it turns out to be female that produces eggs it could be temp changed to Gravid-T!!
(we all know hippies love OG rappers)

mytwotortys

5 Year Member
Ooh I've got so many names running through my head!!!!!
Tilly, fifi, rocky, smudge, timmy, cyborg, bill, twiggy, berry, grape, blade, leaf, podge, olly, lili/lily, wook, feather, pete, petal, brook
These and the ones I suggested before are just some of the things cluttering up my brain, so thanks for reading them, it's cleared some space for me to think!!!!! XD XD XD

image-2009001460.png

Ooh you could also try ploddy, patch, creek, ocean, forest, or dolly? Sorry I must be getting annoying :-S :D
Mia! Fred or Freda, blue, dee or sheldon! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.