My yearling Ginger just passed

Justincl

Location (City and/or State)
Jakarta
It pains me to say this but my sully Ginger just passed due to organ failure. She looked like she had hope as yesterday she looked fine but this morning i woke up to see her lying dead and lifeless in her enclosure. ??? As a highschooler i'm taking sometime to process this as she/he was my first pet and i currently feel awful for her passing

Justincl

Jakarta
This was her yesterday when she was being soaked with reptoboost, liquid calcium with d3 and some vitamins unfortunately it wasn't enough to save her

Attachments

• IMG-20210915-WA0007.jpg
    IMG-20210915-WA0007.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 61

TheLastGreen

Johannesburg
I'm so sorry for your loss, the same happened to me in highschool, I had a leopard hatchling which just suddenly passed. I'm so sorry for your pain and I hope that you know that you did absolutely everything you could for your tort, by being the best possible care taker of it, you gave it an absolutely amazing life and that is all that matters?

Justincl

Jakarta
I'm so sorry for your loss, the same happened to me in highschool, I had a leopard hatchling which just suddenly passed. I'm so sorry for your pain and I hope that you know that you did absolutely everything you could for your tort, by being the best possible care taker of it, you gave it an absolutely amazing life and that is all that matters?

Warren

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Balto. MD
Sorry about the loss of your beautiful tortoise. I lost one about 10 years ago when it was just a baby. I understand your hurt, so give it a little time for healing and try again.

Mrs.Jennifer

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Norwich CT
I’m so very sorry for your loss. Every loss is difficult, but I believe that grief can be even harder for youth. It is quite difficult to process grief without the context of many years of life experience. Please know that I am holding you close to my heart.

ruthiepo

Chippenham
It pains me to say this but my sully Ginger just passed due to organ failure. She looked like she had hope as yesterday she looked fine but this morning i woke up to see her lying dead and lifeless in her enclosure. ??? As a highschooler i'm taking sometime to process this as she/he was my first pet and i currently feel awful for her passing
I'm so sorry, that is an awful experience for you ?
Hope you feel comforted as time goes on.
I have had the experience of a young tortoise dying, some years ago and I still think of all the things I did wrong ?
Hope you can have a happy experience soon with another tortoise.
Best wishes and sympathy
Ruth

ruthiepo

Chippenham
I'm so sorry, that is an awful experience for you ?
Hope you feel comforted as time goes on.
I have had the experience of a young tortoise dying, some years ago and I still think of all the things I did wrong ?
Hope you can have a happy experience soon with another tortoise.
Best wishes and sympathy
Ruth
Sorry, I don't mean that you did stuff wrong, I'm sure you didnt, this was before I knew about this forum and I was totally ignorant and I have learned so much from the members posts on this forum.

Hutsie B

5 Year Member
NC
wow, that is rough. Especially for her to show no signs of illness ahead of time to give you some preparation time in case she died. I have had similar experiences too and it is rough. Hopefully you will find some heart to get another tortoise when you are ready and it will do well for you. Best wishes.

Aloysius Taschse

Mainly Texas
So sorry for your loss. I lost my sulcata hatchling Kiwi a few months ago. I'm still very upset about it, but I think it will get better with time.

queen koopa

Las Vegas Nevada
?? so sorry. Hard losing any animal. I think more so a tortoise because they have a very long life to live. Did you get a necropsy done?

mylittlecholla

Fillmore, California
I am so very sorry about your Ginger. You clearly loved her very much and did all you could to help her.

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
El Sobrante, CA.
It pains me to say this but my sully Ginger just passed due to organ failure. She looked like she had hope as yesterday she looked fine but this morning i woke up to see her lying dead and lifeless in her enclosure. ??? As a highschooler i'm taking sometime to process this as she/he was my first pet and i currently feel awful for hOMG, I'm so'ooo sorry for your loss. I lost mmy Gigantor last November, and still miss him terribly