My Turtle Store Scam

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
Out of curiosity I checked out their website. Here is a picture from their website showing some of the juvenile tortoises they have for sale. All show pyramiding, and the sulcate is so bad, they have a hand covering the top of the shell !!... No other tortoise on their website is being held that way. If that is not blatant deception....

TUrtle Store Pict.jpg

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Out of curiosity I checked out their website. Here is a picture from their website showing some of the juvenile tortoises they have for sale. All show pyramiding, and the sulcate is so bad, they have a hand covering the top of the shell !!... No other tortoise on their website is being held that way. If that is not blatant deception....

View attachment 195264

Lol, that's such an odd picture.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
based on the fact elisabeth clark is the "president" of this place , i have to think this is the same place just a different name ? in hindsight you probably should have kept the tortoise , maybe give the credit card thing a try .......

https://www.bbb.org/west-florida/business-reviews/pet-stores/turtle-shack-in-port-richey-fl-90012118

Turtle Shack

Factors that affect the rating for Turtle Shack include:

• 46 complaints filed against business
  • Failure to respond to 43 complaints filed against business.
  • Business has failed to resolve underlying cause(s) of a pattern of complaints.

Mark, The OP's post is about "The Turtle Store". You've posted info about "The Turtle Shack". I just want to make sure that nobody, including me, is confused by the similar titles and bad reputations here.

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
Mark, The OP's post is about "The Turtle Store". You've posted info about "The Turtle Shack". I just want to make sure that nobody, including me, is confused by the similar titles and bad reputations here.
Tom

Here's the top of that very picture. If you scroll down on that page, you will see the images I posted before...

Sorry, just read more and see you are talking to the other Mark.!!!!

However, Tom, If you type in the website turtleshack.com - it directs you to the My Turtle Store website.

My turt store.jpg

Last edited:

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
However, Tom, If you type in the website turtleshack.com - it directs you to the My Turtle Store website.

So it is the same business?

That would make sense since they both seem to get the same comments.

Ihsan

Well I've threatened to expose them on all social media networks, I started on Twitter, and the next thing I know I've received a refund!

Shaif

Pittsburgh, PA
Yes, both Marks are correct. It's the same store. I just watched a sad Utube clip of a father and young boy receiving a dead turtle from them.

That part makes me angry. Little kids are buying these animals and getting cheated.

dcabrera86

bradenton, florida
Hello, I believe I may have been scammed by these people. It was a simple bait and switch. I ordered grade A Mississippi and ouachita map turtles, one boy and one girl of each. I paid just over $50 for the turtles, then spent another $40 on 1-2 day shipping.

So 2 days later when I'm expecting my turtles to arrive, seeing as that's was what I paid for, yet nothing. toward 5pm of that day I receive a call from Mr. Moore. He informs me that they do not have the map turtles I ordered in stock, but they could offer me another turtle (or b grade map turtles) of equal or lesser value or I could wait 4 weeks for more map turtles to arrive at his store. I tell him I can wait if he can refund my shipping seeing as I ordered 1-2 day shipping and it has been 1-2 days already. He refused and offered a refund. I accepted.

3 weeks later still no refund. I called them to make sure it had gone through. Mr. Moore answered the phone and informed me that my ordered was canceled three weeks ago and I should have received a refund. I told him I didn't, he said he would have to check with billing. Then I thought he put me on hold but be hung up and didn't answer when I called back.

So my wife tells me it doesn't matter just order another 2 pair of the b grade map turtles. So I did while I waited my refund of the first turtles. I figured maybe I should pay for the "ship out today" option with the 1-2 day shipping option and I could get them before the weekend (this was a wednesday). It is now Sunday and no turtles and no refund and no answer at the turtle store when I call. I'm so pissed now.

so all in all if they dont have your turtles in stock dont buy more thinking you will receive your refund and the other turtles lmfao.

DO NOT PAY FOR EXTRA SHIPPING TO GET YOUR TURTLE SOONER. YOU WILL NOT GET IT ANY SOONER AND YOU WILL HAVE JUST WASTED MONEY.

Tortoisefanatic88

5 Year Member
PA
This place sounds like a nightmare from all the terrible reviews and should not be operating. Worst part is it sounds like they don’t have a clue about animals or how to properly care for them [emoji35]

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
I ordered one slider and know a few others who have from myturtlestore.com One thing I've noticed is it doesn't matter whether you order a Red ear slider, a Yellow belly slider, or a Cumberland slider, your going to receive the exact same turtle, an intergrade of two or all three.

Krazyturtlelady

South Carolina
If they continually ignored you that is just bad customer service. It also comes across as a lack of concern for the tortoise. If someone is selling any animal on a business level they should be held to higher standards. Its not like returning a piece of clothing!