My torty is better than EVERYONE else's!!! (SF Bay Area(CA) area members)

Location (City and/or State)
Redwood City, CA, United States
But we ALL say that don't we? CUZ WE LOVE THEM!!! Now, don't fight over this opportunity as its not a first come first serve situation ...but i am willing to share with a lucky family, the once in a lifetime chance to FOSTER the MOST LOVING SHELL BABY IN THE WORLD!! I know you're thinking "Did I read that right? It's too good to be true!!" and to answer your questions= Yes! and YES IT IS! Lol...in all seriousness, I have had to move into transitional housing recently (thank you covid?)and was lucky enough to find the most amazing family to take my lil guy Dartanian into their tribe...and I have become part of their extended family basically forming a co-parent situation which has worked out wonderfully. But those lucky bums are going on vaca from July 7 to Aug 7 this summer! And as the best co-parent in the world, it's my responsibility to find TEMPORARY 4 wk housing for the most photographed pet in Redwood City. Dartanian is going to be 7 this July 25th. He is about 75 lbs now, not aggressive AT ALL, he's just my big lumbering oaf that wants to walk around your property or yard and eat your grass and get neck scratches. Yard must be fenced cuz his side job is going to the clubs at night dressed like houdini and attempts to pull disappearing acts...alas, not to hurt his feelings, but he's not very successful as his huge hiney is quite ez to see. Ideally a location in the sf bay area would be wonderful, but Im willing to drive farther if , whomever is lucky enough to win this opportunity ,has the right environment and loving conditions. I will deliver and pick up at your location and be responsible for any emergencies. I am not going anywhere so will just a phone call away if you need anything. I just have no place to house him right now. I've not much extra money right now but I've got something better than that...I have great work ethics! I can exchange yard work or picking up dog poop I'm an EXPERT SEAMSTRESS specializing in leather repair for motorcycle clothing. Otherwise there's not much to do other than let him eat your grass and make sure he's got water. So if you were thinking of adopting a sulcata then try this babysitting idea out first to see if its a good fit for you in the future. What a great learning experience this summer for your family to show off the world's largest land tortoise species in the world for a few weeks! Thank you in advance for your time. Again, this is temporary 7/7 thru 8/7.

Attachments

• e.PNG
    e.PNG
    44.5 KB · Views: 47
  • d.PNG
    d.PNG
    24.5 KB · Views: 44
  • b.PNG
    b.PNG
    45.8 KB · Views: 48
  • c.PNG
    c.PNG
    40.5 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Redwood City, CA, United States
Lmao. He may. Here's his 3 year growth pics
Does Dartanian only grow car-sized when he's hungry, or is it random? Your pictures have me cracking up ?
Lmao....yup...here are a couple pics before breakfast and after breakfast

Attachments

• 20210521_223750.png
    20210521_223750.png
    76.1 KB · Views: 18
  • 20210521_223721.png
    20210521_223721.png
    68 KB · Views: 18

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
I must say, you could sell snow in Alaska! You've got me wanting to foster Dartanian in spite of a couple problems...I'm 500 mi away, I have no enclosure that would contain him, and I couldn't afford his breakfast, much less dinner! ?

Seriously, you should do more writing. If you click this link, it will take you to a blog that was done by a member here over a span of 14 years. TFO doesn't have all of it, so use the link.

The posts are in reverse order, with the newest first. I linked from the beginning of the blog...after reading each post, click 'previous' or 'older post'. You are reading from back to front.

It's very long, but I believe you will enjoy it, and more importantly, you will identify with it.

For the TFO oldtimers who remember, this is the complete blog of 'Frankie Tortoise Tails'. Anyone who has never read it...it's a joy!