My tortoise never stops scratching

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lewisville, Texas
Here’s the outdoor enclosure so far! It’s 8x8 feet with 1 foot high walls. I still need to cap the corners and add more hides and stuff. I planted it with the broadleaf testudo seed mix from tortoise supply, so hopefully that grows in well :)
I’m probably gonna throw in a hibiscus Bush, some cactus, and maybe a mulberry tree.

Attachments

• 8960C9CA-0915-4D30-A390-11BE1E85180B.jpeg
    8960C9CA-0915-4D30-A390-11BE1E85180B.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 15

turtlebean

Connecticut
Here’s the outdoor enclosure so far! It’s 8x8 feet with 1 foot high walls. I still need to cap the corners and add more hides and stuff. I planted it with the broadleaf testudo seed mix from tortoise supply, so hopefully that grows in well :)
I’m probably gonna throw in a hibiscus Bush, some cactus, and maybe a mulberry tree.
This is so awesome! I’m beyond happy to see how this worked out for the the both of you and piglet:)
Please keep us posted on this journey!!

Kristywhiskey

Fort Collins, CO
I've had a russian tort for almost 6 years and I can't take it anymore. He NEVER stops scratching. I guess it's because his cage is too small, based on other posts. And I know I can't try and adopt him out on here before I post 100 times. But I don't know what to do with him. He does not bring me joy; all he does is get on my nerves. I want him to have a good life, and I feel like he's not getting that from me since I'm upset at him for scratching all the time. Please help.

View attachment 295095
Where are you located??
I would find a Humane Society or a Reptile Rescuse who takes in these guys! Russians just do that and they need space.. lots of it! No matter how big the space is these dudes never stop lol I would say the RT needs a better place! If you were near me I'd take it!! I hope you find somewhere to go to give this lil guy a better chance!

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas
Here’s the little guy’s thread! I’ll be tracking his progress there when he arrives :)

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
I am very happy you turned to the experts on the forum to get him a great home.. Technocheese will hopefully post a lot of pictures so you and the rest of us, will be able to know he is doing great.