My tortoise looks like he is sick.

Siddharth

Location (City and/or State)
India
I have a turtle, who seems to be sick. Bubbles are coming out of his nose, skin is very dry, very lethargic, it has cough nose is red.

IMG-20201022-WA0005.jpg

YukdaTortoise

California
It might be mycoplasma it affect the respiratory system I recommend you go see a vet immediantely to make sure it isn't fatal.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
You need to warm him up. May we please see pictures of where he lives?

Siddharth

India
Are you keeping that turtle in water? It is an aquatic turtle which needs to be kept in water.
Yeah we are but not whole day, should we give him more waindi? It's beginning to be cold here in india.

Siddharth

India
Yeah we are but not whole day, should we give him more waindi? It's beginning to be cold here in india.
it's a big mistake from my side I wrote turtle instead of tortoise please tell me how to edit it

zovick

10 Year Member!
it's a big mistake from my side I wrote turtle instead of tortoise please tell me how to edit it
You have a soft-shelled turtle, not a tortoise! They are totally different animals and have very different needs. Soft-shelled turtles are almost never found out of water. That turtle needs to be in water almost 100% of the time. Put it in a tank with water just deep enough to cover the shell by about an inch so that when the turtle extends its neck it can get its nose out of the water to breathe. Then try feeding it some small fish or bits of meat, etc. It is not a vegetarian animal. Put a small rock or log in also so that the turtle can climb up on it if it wants to get out of the water.

zovick

10 Year Member!
We don't have a separate home for him but we're planning to build one.
That soft-shelled turtle would be far better off if you take it to the water source (lake, river, stream, etc.) which is nearest to where you found it and let it go in the water. It needs a large aquarium tank with a water filter for a home, not a tortoise table.