My tortoise is not pooping

Terrapin 3

Location (City and/or State)
Surprise
My Sonoran Desert Tort, Roxie, isn't pooping either. She eats occasionally every other day in the morning but lets her other food dry out. She's also been really sleepy and isn't that active. Now I know that tortoises hibernate, but she's right by a window and gets sunlight about 7-hours out of the day. She's been in this state for about 2-months. Do you have any idea what's wrong with her as well?

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
My Sonoran Desert Tort, Roxie, isn't pooping either. She eats occasionally every other day in the morning but lets her other food dry out. She's also been really sleepy and isn't that active. Now I know that tortoises hibernate, but she's right by a window and gets sunlight about 7-hours out of the day. She's been in this state for about 2-months. Do you have any idea what's wrong with her as well?
please start a new thread, but in short WINDOWS filter UVB even old/antique glass

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
In order for a desert tortoise to understand that it's summer and NOT time to brumate, they need 12 to 14 hours of daylight, not 7. . . plus what Blackdog said. You're better off not allowing the tortoise to experience what's going on outside and keeping the lights and heat on 12 to 14 hours a day. As it is now, with her eating only sporadically, you run the risk of her getting sick and dying. So make this tortoise think it's summer time! And soak her daily in warm water until she perks up. Don't let her see what's going on outside.