My tortoise is not eating

dianneroyle66

Location (City and/or State)
Surrey England
Good afternoon, I have a spurn thighed tortoise Approximately 20 years old, he is a rescue tortoise so we are not completely sure. I’ve had him since May, and he has never been a very good eater. He has hardly eaten anything for five days, I bath him twice today.
During the day in good weather he lives outside as when we got in from the rescue centre they said he was a garden tortoise and lived outside. He comes in at night to sleep. I have just bought a heat lamp which he will sit under for a while and then goes off to his bed again.I give him lambs lettuce, remain lettuce, Little gym and round lettuce as well as dandelions. I’ve grown tortoise weeds but he will not eat them, We took him to the vet yesterday to check out if there was anything wrong with him, or his mouth however she found nothing to be a concern.
looking for any advice on the above matter. Sheldon is a very friendly tortoise who is happy to interact, However now he just wants to stay in his box. Thank you

TeamZissou

Location (City and/or State)
Albuquerque, NM
I'm no expert, but it sounds like it needs to be warmer for Sheldon. Try to shoot for 80 degree F ambient temp and 90-95 F basking spot for a few days and see if he will eat.