My tortoise has passed away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TortoiseGurl

5 Year Member
You can find out what happened if you check my last post, but it was really late and most of the lines we rung were closed, my family were arguing and wouldn't help me find something, I went down early in the morning to check on her and she was just in the exact same space, and when I checked she was dead, she hasn't shut down, her eyes are wide open, and I had her in my hand for an hour straight. I couldn't stop crying, I'm still tearful right now, she was a beautiful tortoise, it was a shame she died so young, and I want to tell you all that you should never buy from shops, it was a big mistake I made, the tortoise was ill from the year we got her, but we thought it was a mild condition and waved it away, it's really a pity for her to be taken from Greece just to suffer here with an illness that could kill in a matter of a few hours. It was very sudden, the symptoms showed a few hours before she passed away.

1st July 2007 - 16th September 2012
Will always be in our hearts.

wuff5i.png

yoda3106

5 Year Member
I'm sooo sorry to hear this :( head up!! I had the same experience with a hatchling that was given to me by a shop who hadn't looked after her, it was too late for her, I gave her the best possibly last few months :( rip to your tort!!

Alan RF

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
United Kingdom
RIP to your tort this is tragic and sad that the vets lines were closed, so sad :(

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I'm so sorry this happened, Dana.

TortoiseGurl

5 Year Member
Thank you all so much. It's been a hard day, I keep welling up at the thought of her. It's hard to convince myself she's really gone. Rest in peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.