My Tortoise Has Diarrhea :(

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
OH, USA
At 4'' he's probably between 3-10, as you said :D and yes, he needs a lot more room. If he's being letout into your apartment, please please make sure the floor is safe! No sharp objects, no food, no 'contaminates', no ANYTHING. Tortoises are curios and will take a nibble out of wire if they think it looks yummy :eek: they are quick little things... and it can happen before you know it.

Rachel Lynn

Oh yes, we're super clean here! And I always supervise him so he won't get into mischief!

Rachel Lynn

Here's the pic. Like I said, I'm most likely going to get a large enclosure (where do you recommend I purchase it from?) and he's about 4.5" the log in the picture it pretty huge, about 10"

Attachments

• Photo on 9-29-14 at 9.24 PM.jpg
    Photo on 9-29-14 at 9.24 PM.jpg
    224.8 KB · Views: 44

Rachel Lynn

That's lovely! I was super discouraged at how small his enclosure was after I purchased it. I wanted to put many more items in there for him to play on. I have the space to go up about 1-2 feet on each side.

Rachel Lynn

Yes! I have a UVB light and a heat lamp. I put each on for 12 hours a day. I also monitor the temp inside the inclosure with thermometer so it doesn't get too cold/hot. Where do you recommend I get a large enclosure? I don't have the skills to built him one myself :(

lismar79

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio USA
Big rubbermaid totes make a decent enclosure so does a book case if you take ot the shelves. I have also seen them made from dressers and toy boxes :)

Rachel Lynn

Hey everyone: Just giving an update. My tort, Sheldon, did a normal poop today! I'm guessing his diarrhea was probably from the fruit or the grass. Keep you posted on his new enclosure when I get it!