My tortoise Greek or Russian tortoise has been having some problems please help

Connor_b123

Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
I have had my tortoise melon for about 8 months now and she is a Greek or Russian tortoise that is about a year to year and a half old. Until recently she has been very active but I’ve noticed that she just hides in her hide all day long and I have to take her out to eat and then she eats and goes back in. I noticed the heat lamp hasn’t been working recently so I replaced it with a new working one but I am very worried about her please help the first picture has her when she was active the. The second is her now.
Thankyou

Attachments

• 1FC08A7C-940B-4A03-8C08-94663CB360D2.jpeg
    1FC08A7C-940B-4A03-8C08-94663CB360D2.jpeg
    87.1 KB · Views: 17
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 16

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
It looks like a Russian to me. Look at the care sheet. Hopefully an expert will help you soon.

Golden Greek Tortoise 567

Colorado Springs,CO
I have had my tortoise melon for about 8 months now and she is a Greek or Russian tortoise that is about a year to year and a half old. Until recently she has been very active but I’ve noticed that she just hides in her hide all day long and I have to take her out to eat and then she eats and goes back in. I noticed the heat lamp hasn’t been working recently so I replaced it with a new working one but I am very worried about her please help the first picture has her when she was active the. The second is her now.
Thankyou
Definitely a Russian. What type of bulbs are you using? What are the temps? Read this care sheet...

Connor_b123

Arizona
I am using a 100 watt desert basking bulb from thrive and the other bulb is a 26 watt desert uvb bulb from thrive. The spot under the heat lamp where she would normally bask at is 80 but that is way below it and I just replaced it a few days ago
And the cool side is about 79
Her water temperature is 76

Thankyou for the help

Connor_b123

Arizona
Definitely a Russian. What type of bulbs are you using? What are the temps? Read this care sheet...
[/
I am using a 100 watt desert basking bulb from thrive and the other bulb is a 26 watt desert uvb bulb from thrive. The spot under the heat lamp where she would normally bask at is 80 but that is way below it and I just replaced it a few days ago
And the cool side is about 79
Her water temperature is 76

Thankyou for the help