My three new Three Toeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Cadillac, Michigan
I adopted three gorgeous little Three Toeds from Lisa (turtlegirl7.) I just love them, they are all way too precious ;)

Special thanks to Barb (wellington) for both bringing them to my attention and also for transporting them all the way from Chicago ;) It was really nice getting to meet her face to face ;)

Here are the new kids ;) Toni is one big, vigorous, handsome stud muffin! This picture is of him and Mikka sitting at the edge of their pond.

DSCF8378.jpg

tony1.jpg

And then, Pod and Bobbie.

712doubleaww.jpg

Pod has a little bit of curling around the edge of her shell, from being kept poorly at some point (prior to 1996, when Lisa got her) and Bobbie is more severely deformed, again from poor diet/husbandry. (Lisa got Bobbie in 2005.)

They are just the SWEETEST little girls and are perfect little companions to each other. I love them to death.

DSCF8396.jpg

DSCF8337.jpg

Toni with Mikka, Mikaayla, and Mikhail

084.jpg

Box turtle enclosure, looking pretty bare thanks to the drought :(

085.jpg

Mikka and Mikhail

DSCF8374.jpg

Pod and Bobbie hiding under a log

092.jpg

Just to be clear - Toni lives with Mikka, Mikaayla, and Mikhail. Lisa had him in her care for over a year. During that time he came into no contact with other turtles, and the vet gave him a clean bill of health just a few days prior to him coming to live with me, therefore I did not quarantine.

Pod and Bobbie have their own separate home. Bobbie cannot lay eggs due to her deformity. She does produce them, but they are reabsorbed, and if she has any trouble she has to be medicated. Therefore Bobbie cannot be housed with a male, ever.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I am so glad they are settled in well. I enjoyed the day they were on their short Vacation in the big city with me. Those two girls are the sweetest things ever. So glad Toni gets to live with friends. Lisa will be so thrilled to see this thread. Thank you for helping her out. She is a very sweet person. They all look very happy. I was so excited to have met you. It was so nice to get to meet a TFO member. :)

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
These lucky turtles hit the jack pot when you got them Kristina. They will be so happy. That male is beautiful too.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Thanks Terry ;) I think he is gorgeous! Most of my others are white/red/chocolate, I LOVE his bright orange!

Now if I could just figure out how to KEEP my plants alive like you do, lol ;) This summer was the worst, even with daily waterings my poor plants just withered.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Happy turtles now!!! It's got to feel good to make such a difference for these little guys. You are an angel!

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Thanks everyone ;) Lisa was an absolute fantastic Boxie mommy. She was the one who rehabilitated all of them, got them fantastic vet care and nursed them back to health. It was a very hard thing for her to let them go, and I feel blessed to have these three.

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
That is a very heart warming series of pictures. Glad they found you (through Barb) and Lisa won't have to worry.

turtlegirl7

5 Year Member
I have no words to describe how much it means to me that my babies are in such a wonderful home with such a wonderful person, who is an angel. A true angel. I cry when I see these pics, tears of how I miss them and tears of true pure joy that they have found the perfect home. Kristina is sent from Heaven and I sleep easier knowing they are in the best hands ever. I never expected to ever have to rehome them. It was one of the hardest decisions of my life to realize that I had to. Then to find Kristina and Barb, well, I just cant say how blessed I feel.
Thank God for Kristina, Barb (wellington) and this forum for helping me find not just a home- but the perfect home for these loves of my life. They are part of my soul. They always will be and now my family has grown to include Kristina, Barb and all the other resident turtles there with Pod, Bobbie and Toni!

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Lisa, words cannot express how humbled I am that you chose me to care for these little gems ;) I am so blessed to have them in my life!

Status
Not open for further replies.