My sully hasn’t pooped in about 10 days

Nujie

Location (City and/or State)
Bangkok
Any word on Srinaul?
Hi Ray and I’m sorry for the very late reply. I’ve been worried and stressed about srinual and after spending another week at the vet he is home now and still not eating very much and not active. He walks abit and then goes into a corner. I know I have to be patient and just keep taking the best care of him that I can. I just have to hope that in time he will recover fully. Again, the doctor did some xrays And aside from system being backed up from poop, he doesn’t seem to have anything else. But then again the doctor did say sometimes xrays don’t show everything. And other tortoise owners have told me that in big tortoises recovery takes months. So I have to be patient. Thank you for asking and for your concern, I really appreciate it!

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Great to hear from you. I think about Srinaul everyday. Hopefully he will come around soon. I commend you for being so thoughtful in the care for Srinaul.
Will keep you all in my prayers.

Nujie

Bangkok
Any word on Srinaul?
thank you so much ray and I really appreciate your thoughts and prayers for srinual. I am just doing my best to help him day by day and feeding him when he wants to eat. He doesn’t eat or drink anything that we put out for him, we are basically hand feeding him now. I’m just thankful he is still eating here and there and that he hasn’t stopped eating altogether. I also pray he pulls through and gets over this very rough period. Everyone in my family loves him and we are all worried and hopeful that he will pull through ok.

Great to hear from you. I think about Srinaul everyday. Hopefully he will come around soon. I commend you for being so thoughtful in the care for Srinaul.
Will keep you all in my prayers.

Nujie

Bangkok
Any update on Srinaul?
Hi Ray! Thank you for asking about srinual, he is slowly getting better bit by bit. He’s eating abit more on and off, somedays more than others, and is slightly more active in his area, some days he’s alert and walks around a lot, other days he just rests. We soak him every other day and he just relaxes in the sun when he soaks. He’s pooped a few small poops on his own which I am happy about, but since he hasn’t been eating alot lately it could just be that there’s not too much to digest. I finally got hold of some probiotics which I add to his soaking water and spray on his food. I know it’s a long slow journey but we are just happy any day that he seems rested and alert. When I put out food sometimes he eats and sometimes he doesn’t. My whole family is just hoping and praying he’s getting stronger daily. 02B85E43-E905-45E2-A0F6-1CD9542B064A.jpeg

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Hi Ray! Thank you for asking about srinual, he is slowly getting better bit by bit. He’s eating abit more on and off, somedays more than others, and is slightly more active in his area, some days he’s alert and walks around a lot, other days he just rests. We soak him every other day and he just relaxes in the sun when he soaks. He’s pooped a few small poops on his own which I am happy about, but since he hasn’t been eating alot lately it could just be that there’s not too much to digest. I finally got hold of some probiotics which I add to his soaking water and spray on his food. I know it’s a long slow journey but we are just happy any day that he seems rested and alert. When I put out food sometimes he eats and sometimes he doesn’t. My whole family is just hoping and praying he’s getting stronger daily. View attachment 283022
What a beautiful sully. Has there been a weather change where you are at?It has been cooler here and Opo has definitely slowed down.

Nujie

Bangkok
What a beautiful sully. Has there been a weather change where you are at?It has been cooler here and Opo has definitely slowed down.
It’s been getting slightly cooler here in Thailand but even cooler here is still hot and tropical. There were a few days it was even cooler but that cool spell is over now. I think maybe that’s also affected srinual and made him less active. Even though some days he just lies around, he still sticks his head out and looks back and forth especially when he hears people coming towards him and calling his name. How’s opo doing? Hi to Opo from Srinual!

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
It’s been getting slightly cooler here in Thailand but even cooler here is still hot and tropical. There were a few days it was even cooler but that cool spell is over now. I think maybe that’s also affected srinual and made him less active. Even though some days he just lies around, he still sticks his head out and looks back and forth especially when he hears people coming towards him and calling his name. How’s opo doing? Hi to Opo from Srinual!
Opo,s doing good today after being stuck in the heated box for 3 days. The sun came out finally and he had a long soak and grazed for 1 1/2 hours.

Nujie

Bangkok
How's Srinaul doing? :)
Hi Vladimir! Thanks for asking! Srinual is up and down....some days he is active and others he just seems to want to hide away and sleep. He eats here and there but definitely not as much as before. I’m wondering if he’s taking his time to recover from his illness and from having been constipated badly before or if this is a sign of him really just getting worse. The thing is, the doctor told us last time we went to get srinual checked that nothing is showing on the X-ray. But now I’m wondering if it could be something else, and if I should take him to another doctor. Other tortoise owners have told me to be patient and have told me that tortoises take a long time to recover, especially large ones. He’s still eating, walking well on some days, and still has strength, but nothing like before though. I’m kindof at a loss now as to what to do. I feel terribly when he has to go and stay at the doctor, as I know it must stress him out and he always refuses to eat when he has to stay at the doctor. We are soaking him as much as we can and feeding him by hand as he seems to eat more that way.