Status
Not open for further replies.

bdoyle

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Hamilton, Ontario, CAN
Hey,

Since ive never had a tortoise before, and my vet appt isnt for another 2 days..

Here's a close up shot of my 4" sulcata's nose.

Maybe you've never seen one up this close haha but do you see anything out of the ordinary? looks like his tiny nostrils are clear to me..

Tortoisenosedetailedzoomed.jpg

and a super high resolution version ( 4 megs )is here:

Super high resolution Tortoise Face ;)

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Blair, I've see them up close. Looks like his nostrils are clogged to me. Here are three pics of Squirts nostrils.

One nostril slightly open you can see it on the left.(your left)
DSCF2005.jpg

Confirms her one nostril is runny (you can see the glisten of wet on left nostril. It is the white spot, it's the glare of the flash on the runny substance, not hay) and you can see her right nostril (your right) is closed.
DSCF2019.jpg

After Medication Nostrils are open and dry. Things are right with the world again.
DSCF2071.jpg

wayne.bob

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
iowa
thats a big difference!!!!!

scotth42

10 Year Member!
what did you use to unclog them i need something for mine. i heard a saline solution would work if anyone know i would like to know what i could use thanks

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Scotth42,
My little sully (Squirt) had a RI. She was on Baytril injections every 24 hours for about 14 days. That is what cleared up her nose. IMHO, if your torts nose is closed I would recommend taking him/her to the vet as soon as possible.

scotth42

10 Year Member!
Crazy1 said:
Scotth42,
My little sully (Squirt) had a RI. She was on Baytril injections every 24 hours for about 14 days. That is what cleared up her nose. IMHO, if your torts nose is closed I would recommend taking him/her to the vet as soon as possible.
yeah mine was just on baytril for 7 days it's been 14 days since her shots but i think it might be coming back but not sure.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
scotth42 said:
yeah mine was just on baytril for 7 days it's been 14 days since her shots but i think it might be coming back but not sure.

You might want to take her back and ask for a culture to be done that way you will be sure. No guess work, and that way you can be sure of the type of antibiotics that will help her, if she need them. Ff you haven't had a fecal test done I would recommend you take in a sample and get it checked also. Just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.