My Sulcata tortoise table so far

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexi

5 Year Member
So I just started building my table for my little guys :) They are still REALLY small but this should last them at least 2-3 years its REALLY big and I hope they can get up the ramp. Im going to use liquid rubber to water prof the bottom and be able to plant some grass and such for them. Im also going to stain the wood and make it look really nice sense its going to be in the living room. I cant wait till they are big enough to go outside. I planted a lot of grasses that are good for them and already have plans for their outside cage and winter den :3

Attachments

• 011920132400.jpg
    011920132400.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 200

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
It's looking nice so far. You are going to put a railing or sides on the rest of the second level and the ramp right? Also, to help them go up the ramp, some will put strips of wood across, almost like steps. As soon as summer hits and the temps get warm, they can go outside for some good natural sunshine. You don't have to wait until they are large. Make a temp outdoor enclosure and bring them in at night.

Mich

5 Year Member
Very nice! I love enclosures that fit into corners like that, they save you a little floor space and the 2nd level still gives them the extra added leg room and a hiding area underneath, love it! :) ! I agree with adding the railing to avoid falls.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Looks really nice. But make sure whatever u use on it that its safe for your torts, like the stain and the rubber water proof stuff and make sure they can't eat any of the water proofing stuff. I'm just a real worry wort, sorry. But I really like what you've done thus far!

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
Welcome to the Forum!

Sulcatas ROCK!

Your design is nice! what are the two long sides? 2x3? Water proofing is a must but must be done right. Will you have a top on it? A top is a good idea if you plan on having a high humidity inside. From experiance I can tell you that that trying to grow grass inside with active torts is nigh on impossable! Please dont try a shortcut like using store bought sod. They have to much fertilizer and can poison your young ones.

Is that for 1 or 2 Sulcatas?

If its for 1, then it might last for a year or two.

If its for 2, it MIGHT last a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.