My snakes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

poison

5 Year Member
Jacqui said:
poison said:
just the fact that there boring lol. and what personality? lol

:( *shakes head at Poi and his lack of understanding and appreciation for a wonderful snake* Then again, this is not what the topic of this thread is.

lol dont worry jac i still think there cool just more boring then other snakes

MooingTricycle

5 Year Member
poison said:
Jacqui said:
poison said:

:( *shakes head at Poi and his lack of understanding and appreciation for a wonderful snake* Then again, this is not what the topic of this thread is.

lol dont worry jac i still think there cool just more boring then other snakes

LOL Yeah, I tend to agree. I have a few color morphs i love, like i said, but they certainly are boring. ;) No offense, of course to the BP lovers! They just are not "MY THING" hehehe! Bloods and Bulls and even the trans pecos are smart, they watch you as you do stuff around the enclosures, start getting worked up when you are thawing rodents... Bloods feeding responses are out of this world, right in line with Bulls, Intense animals.

The next species i want to work with is Mussurana. But i need to be breeding stuff then too, so i have an ample supply of other food. They are snake eating snakes, like Indigos. Amazing creatures. Also! If only i could find some Ptyas carinata.... oh man. ;) I would be in herper heaven!

clarkmp91506

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Hornell, NY
poison said:

I gotta say mine was...well boring...in her cage. Once we got her out though she was wonderful. A BP was great for me as it's one of the few species i could fully trust with my 4 year old daughter. We would throw her around our necks and get a wonderful massage :)

LunaLupus

5 Year Member
Love your blacks! Especially that second female. How old are they? Who did you get them from? :D Sorry, I'm an STP freak, I mean fan. lol

AustinASU

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Pensacola, FL
I can go about 50miles from here and catch trans pecos rat snakes, they are awesome snakes

MooingTricycle

5 Year Member
LunaLupus said:
Love your blacks! Especially that second female. How old are they? Who did you get them from? :D Sorry, I'm an STP freak, I mean fan. lol

My Female is from Matt Tietgen! Awesome guy and shes been nothing but solid and wonderful. She talks a lot but has never struck at me.

My male I actually currently forget, but ill get the name for you. Hes always been a VERY docile and laid back boy. He will be who I introduce the species with as he is just everything I want in them.

My male borneo I got from Kara and Ryan at The Blood Connection ( Bloodpythons.com) :) He is just a little weed! Hes already nearing 200 grams. Cant wait to get a sick female for him!!!

LunaLupus

5 Year Member
MooingTricycle said:
My Female is from Matt Tietgen! Awesome guy and shes been nothing but solid and wonderful. She talks a lot but has never struck at me.

My male I actually currently forget, but ill get the name for you. Hes always been a VERY docile and laid back boy. He will be who I introduce the species with as he is just everything I want in them.

My male borneo I got from Kara and Ryan at The Blood Connection ( Bloodpythons.com) :) He is just a little weed! Hes already nearing 200 grams. Cant wait to get a sick female for him!!!

Very nice! Kara does some awesome work. :D I'll try to get pics of my horde up later today. If you're on Facebook, there is a whole group dedicated to these chubby guys. Let me know and I'll get you an invite. One of the best places to look for a quality girl for that guy. What are you looking to work on with him? Or are you just looking for a quality Borneo?

I have found that my Black is the mellowest of all my snakes. He is my ambassador when I do presentations at my daughter's school. He just tucks his head under my arm and lets the gets touch his back half. lol Big scary snake trying to burrow into my armpit. Makes the best impression on the kids and adults who come to watch.

MooingTricycle

5 Year Member
LunaLupus said:
MooingTricycle said:

Very nice! Kara does some awesome work. :D I'll try to get pics of my horde up later today. If you're on Facebook, there is a whole group dedicated to these chubby guys. Let me know and I'll get you an invite. One of the best places to look for a quality girl for that guy. What are you looking to work on with him? Or are you just looking for a quality Borneo?

I have found that my Black is the mellowest of all my snakes. He is my ambassador when I do presentations at my daughter's school. He just tucks his head under my arm and lets the gets touch his back half. lol Big scary snake trying to burrow into my armpit. Makes the best impression on the kids and adults who come to watch.

Heck yeah! I cant wait to see your fatties ;) I did a talk awhile ago for a boy scout Troop, they LOVED it. Which felt pretty awesome afterwards, as that was my first one ever. So many of those kids wanted to take home snakes afterwards. I got another request to do one at another point as well with a different troop in CT, which Im pretty stoked about! I hope they do call in time. I also wanted to get involved with the younger grades ( till i felt comfortable talking better in front of a large audience!) at my school too ( Ive been out of there for quite awhile now ;) ) I LIKE getting kids interested as much as possible!! Id be nervous in front of a bunch of highschoolers though. I MAY look for a partner to work with for the older kids and maybe a bit more variety and animals with some size for that big impression. It helps get them REALLY listening ;)

Feel free to hunt me down on facebook, Alicia Holmes. Whats the name of the group, in case my security settings stop you from finding me? Thanks!

LunaLupus

5 Year Member
MooingTricycle said:
Heck yeah! I cant wait to see your fatties ;) I did a talk awhile ago for a boy scout Troop, they LOVED it. Which felt pretty awesome afterwards, as that was my first one ever. So many of those kids wanted to take home snakes afterwards. I got another request to do one at another point as well with a different troop in CT, which Im pretty stoked about! I hope they do call in time. I also wanted to get involved with the younger grades ( till i felt comfortable talking better in front of a large audience!) at my school too ( Ive been out of there for quite awhile now ;) ) I LIKE getting kids interested as much as possible!! Id be nervous in front of a bunch of highschoolers though. I MAY look for a partner to work with for the older kids and maybe a bit more variety and animals with some size for that big impression. It helps get them REALLY listening ;)

Feel free to hunt me down on facebook, Alicia Holmes. Whats the name of the group, in case my security settings stop you from finding me? Thanks!

It's, The Short tail family. I'm Tami, there were too many Alicia Holmes for me to figure out which one you were. lol

I'm posting my snakes in another thread, fatties, skinnies, and rescues. :D

MooingTricycle

5 Year Member
LunaLupus said:
It's, The Short tail family. I'm Tami, there were too many Alicia Holmes for me to figure out which one you were. lol

I'm posting my snakes in another thread, fatties, skinnies, and rescues. :D

Added myself! Ill be waiting for your post ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.