My Scout

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arkansas
I just wanted to share a picture of my oldest son Loren, who will be graduating from OSUT (AIT & Basic training combined at one location for specialized fields) at Ft Knox in 2 weeks as a Cavalry Scout. He will be stationed at Ft Campbell, KY with the 101st Airborne Air Assault.

Its been a rough road for ME, having him gone away since May and getting to talk to him very little on the phone, just receiving a letter here and there when he wasnt too tired to write! I did get to go visit with him for a whole weekend in early August for Family Weekend, which marked the end of the Basic Training portion of his school. At family weekend the Army had worked off 35lbs from him - he hasnt told me if he has lost any more weight since then but Im sure he has. His Drill Sergeants had a goal of another 20lbs off of him. Poor kid is/was built stocky like me. ;)

I am heading to Ft Knox in 2 weeks for his graduation, then I get to spend a few days with him here at home before he has to report to his duty station. It looks like he may be deployed to Afghanistan Spring 2010. (NOT something I am looking forward to at all)

momnloren.jpg

katesgoey

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Handsome!! Great photo! Thank you and him for the sacrifices you and he make so he can serve our country.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Beautiful Pic Anja :)
You must be very proud of your son!
Thanks for sharing this with us :)!

Stazz

5 Year Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
What a lovely pic of mother and son, he looks so smart in uniform !!! I am sure you are really proud. I can't imagine your feelings about him going to Afghanistan, wil lpray for him! Thanks for sharing Anja !

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Anja, you should be very proud of him and yourself for raising such a good looking young man and responsible too. I'm hoping that he won't be deployed to afghanistan either hopefully he will stay here closer to you. :)

M

Maggie Cummings

Anja, how proud and afraid you must be all at the same time. I also have sons...so I think I understand...

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Anja, Thank you for sharing this with us. You have a handsome son and you both are brave. I love the pic of you two. I know you are proud of him and as Maggie said afraid for him at the same time. My Prays will be to keep you both healthy and happy. :)

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
Thanks all - Ive been a blubbering mama for several months now while he has been at Ft Knox for OSUT (One Station Unit Training which is basic + AIT combined at one location) I am scared to death and don't know what I will do when he actually does deploy. He chose an MOS (job) that is high up on the danger scale and he will be with the 101st Airborne Air Assault units which are the most deployed units in the world. He will be deployed at least 2 of the next 4 years unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.