My Sandy

SandysGMA

Location (City and/or State)
Riverside
I am so sad today... I've NEVER been a pet person I have two little kiddos (and a husband) I care for. But, for my daughter's birthday we agreed we would get a Red footed tortoise. Which I grew to LOVE, it pains me so much to say she passed this morning of unknown conditions. I don't know how I am going to break the news to my little ones. I want to pay my Sandy homage somehow. I turn to my fellow tortoise friends for ideas. Anything would be helpful. Thank you for reading!

20201031_181653.jpg20201201_232845.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
How about planting a tree in Sandy's honor?

And for future reference, Sandy looks awfully dry. If you get another redfoot, read our care sheet.

SandysGMA

Riverside
Thats a really great idea TY. We live in California and shortly after this picture we purchased a fogger for her which helped a lot.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
So sorry for your loss.

Mrs.Jennifer

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Norwich CT
I am so sad today... I've NEVER been a pet person I have two little kiddos (and a husband) I care for. But, for my daughter's birthday we agreed we would get a Red footed tortoise. Which I grew to LOVE, it pains me so much to say she passed this morning of unknown conditions. I don't know how I am going to break the news to my little ones. I want to pay my Sandy homage somehow. I turn to my fellow tortoise friends for ideas. Anything would be helpful. Thank you for reading!

View attachment 314866View attachment 314867
I’m so sorry for your loss. As a Montessori teacher for 20+ years, my inclination is to take my cues from the children. When our (my) beloved class dog died, they decided they wanted to plant red twig dogwood shrubs in her memory. I always defer to the children.they are far wiser than I.