My Russians Beak

Elmmmrrr

Location (City and/or State)
England
Hi everyone,

Apologies if this isn’t the best picture I can get a better one if needed (Elmer is currently enjoying her dinner).

So my little lady 7/+ has now been awake for 1 week and 2 days from her first hibernation (UK, England). She has been getting 20 minute baths a day, and has a very very hearty appetite.- she’s now pooping and saw her wee today which was really good!

I am just not sure if her beak is a bit overgrown? I noticed a bit before hibernation it looked long ishh but I’m not sure if I’m just being a bit over annalistic (I’ve had her 6 years & never needed to trim it). Would you be able to help at all?!

Also whilst I’m on the subject of questions.. I know she shouldn’t be eating cucumber but because I want her hydrated and she LOVES it, how much can I give that won’t upset her belly?!

Thank you guys :tort::)

upload_2019-3-5_19-27-25.jpeg
upload_2019-3-5_19-26-44.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

T Smart

5 Year Member
Chicago, IL
Hi,

Her beak isn’t too long. Try feeding placing her food on a rock slab or slate. It’ll naturally wear the beak down as she eats.

Regarding her diet, stick to feeding broadleaf weeds and greens! Mazuri or Grassland pellets can be added into the diet as well. There is a whole list of safe greens you can feed in the care sheet section.

Also, your gal isn’t a Russian. She is either a Herman’s or Greek! (I can never tell)

Elmmmrrr

England
Hi,

Her beak isn’t too long. Try feeding placing her food on a rock slab or slate. It’ll naturally wear the beak down as she eats.

Regarding her diet, stick to feeding broadleaf weeds and greens! Mazuri or Grassland pellets can be added into the diet as well. There is a whole list of safe greens you can feed in the care sheet section.

Also, your gal isn’t a Russian. She is either a Herman’s or Greek! (I can never tell)

Thank you for getting back to me! She eats all broadleaf and dandelions leaves etc, only small amount of cucumber as a treat :)

I’ve got her a slate to eat on and look like it’s already working!