My Russian tort's plastron looks unhealthy?

For-Mr.Spock

Location (City and/or State)
Pennsylvania
20200308_194451.jpg
This was Spock's plastron back in March 2020, roughly three months after I got her from a pet store.
20200908_110412.jpg This picture was taken September 2020 just a few days ago. I am glad that she has been growing (look at that growth!), but I am not sure if her shell health has been improving or not.

I give her calcium powder 2 to 3 times a week, a soak at least twice a week, and she has a 100 watt uva/basking and uvb bulbs. Honestly, she looks dehydrated to me, even though her humidity (according to my temperature/humidity gauge) has been steady around 50%. Her substrate is a mixture of cypress mulch and coconut coir that is almost always dry, though.

She is underweight, despite me buying everything short of cactus pads to get her to nom on something with her beloved endive. Her eyes are clear and alert and she has a healthy appetite as long as I feed her stuff she wants to eat. She has been sleeping a lot, but I finally figured out that that is because my room was too cold at night and she thought it was time to get ready to hibernate.

Thank you for your time and patience. Please stay safe.

As a bonus:
20200901_094135.jpg (This was September 1st, 2020. I love her a lot).

Sleppo

5 Year Member
Philadelphia, PA
Hi, she looks like a normal wild caught Russian that may have had some old shell damage that is healed/healing. Please check out the link below for the best information on how to keep her healthy and happy going forward.

For-Mr.Spock

Pennsylvania
Hi, she looks like a normal wild caught Russian that may have had some old shell damage that is healed/healing. Please check out the link below for the best information on how to keep her healthy and happy going forward.

Thank you for sharing this resource.