My red foot tort been constipated for over a week, what is the solution?

willee638

Location (City and/or State)
HK
Hi, my red foot appears to be constipated for approximately 10 days. What is the solution & what might be the cause? I feed it bananas, Mazuri tortoise food that provides it sufficient fibre & other greens but still has not seen it defecate. I have also been taking my tort frequently to outdoor grass fields to get sun light & roam, but his/her appetite is normal & it feeds on a daily basis.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Hi, my red foot appears to be constipated for approximately 10 days. What is the solution & what might be the cause? I feed it bananas, Mazuri tortoise food that provides it sufficient fibre & other greens but still has not seen it defecate. I have also been taking my tort frequently to outdoor grass fields to get sun light & roam, but his/her appetite is normal & it feeds on a daily basis.
A nice long warm soak in the bathtub usually does the trick.

franklin444

U.S.A
I agree a nice long soak will do the trick. That's what I did with my tortoise.

willee638

HK
Thanks for the tip, my tort finally poo to my relief more than once but twice on the same day after what seems to be 10 days. I feed her bananas, mangoes tomatoes with the seeds & durian fruit, she has been eating Mazuri tortoise feeds but fibre didn't seem to do the trick. Yes my tort does pee when taken out of the enclosure & also use to poo & I did soak her once or twice per day. I take her out to the grass fields 3-4 time a week whenever weather permits & she would bite & eat the roots of grass or dirt , once I noticed her mouth was foaming possibly ate the wrong plants or dehydrated from the mid-day sun.