My Outdoor Russian Enclosures

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southwest Washington
Here is a trick that sometimes works for me. Buy it FOR your wife. "Look honey. I made this new cage for you, so you don't have to worry about the blue jays flipping our babies any more. Wasn't that nice of me?"

That would certainly work for me!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Earlier in this thread I mentioned my new semi buried night box in the smaller of the three enclosures. I knew it would take a little time to get them all using it. On night one, I put them all in the box after dark and they stayed until morning. On night two, 4 out of 6 put themselves away. From night three until tonight, 5 out of 6 put themselves away. And tonight... drumroll please... ALL 6 put themselves away! Woo Hoo!

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Once again. Congrats for all 6 russian are all in the night box........

TortoiseRN

5 Year Member
RTs are a lot smarter than people think. I put an insulated dog house in my RT enclosure and put them in it 1x. That was about three weeks ago. Now I can practically tell ya what time it is by there evening routine. 6pm rolls around and it's like someone blew a whistle. They all head straight for their house. Congrats again Tom!!

turtlemanfla88

Tom great Enclosure. I keep Russians in Florida it took years to get them used to the rains. Our winter are cold and warm and even cold and wet. When cold and wet they come in. I think I have two sub species.