My official p.pardalis leopard tort page

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
I took some pictures this morning of my 1yr 8month old PP from Rodriguez Chelonians. First pictures is Sparkles who has been far slower in growth than the other two. She was moved back indoors a month ago and has responded well with new growth.

IMG_1454.jpgIMG_1455.jpgIMG_1457.jpgIMG_1458.jpgIMG_1456.jpgIMG_1459.jpg

Next is Karoo who I suspected to be male and he officially confirmed it a few weeks ago with a flash during soaking. Which he knows continues to do every soak lol. He’s going to be a big boy in no time
IMG_1468.jpgIMG_1469.jpgIMG_1470.jpgIMG_1471.jpg

Next is Addo who has looked very female since the beginning but not quite as much lately. I’m not totally sold on Addo being female but gosh I sure hope it is. Another inch of growth should be enough to show its sex. Fingers crossed for female .
IMG_1461.jpgIMG_1463.jpgIMG_1465.jpgIMG_1466.jpg

Here are a few bonus photos. I may be moving them back indoors mostly because it’s been an incredibly wet summer which hasn’t helped their growth rate being outdoors. Hopefully the fall is drier and they can get some more dry days outside vs the swamp it’s been the last 5-6 weeks.
IMG_1473.jpgIMG_1474.jpgIMG_1475.jpg

MichaelS

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Florida Suncoast
Wow that group is growing fast and beautiful. I would love to see some weight and length stats on them I agree with your sexing eye... 1.2 in that group. In my 6 from Tom, there is only one so far that looks to be female... Hoping for more of course.

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
Wow that group is growing fast and beautiful. I would love to see some weight and length stats on them I agree with your sexing eye... 1.2 in that group. In my 6 from Tom, there is only one so far that looks to be female... Hoping for more of course.

I’ll get you some length measurements. I don’t have a scale unfortunately.

Slow and steady

S.E. Florida
Are you saying that Karoo and Addo are 1 yr 8 mo old?? You must live near a power plant! Heavy, excellent growth. Addo is a confusing one, but I'm going with female. The tail looks like it's heading male, but could still go the other way. Her shell, though, is very round and heavy in the "shoulders", classically female looking to me.

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
Are you saying that Karoo and Addo are 1 yr 8 mo old?? You must live near a power plant! Heavy, excellent growth. Addo is a confusing one, but I'm going with female. The tail looks like it's heading male, but could still go the other way. Her shell, though, is very round and heavy in the "shoulders", classically female looking to me.

What's funny is I guarantee they would be noticeably bigger if I had pampered them during the summer. I'm still leaning toward female for Addo because of her general shape but I've already had another very round specimen turn male. Which is Max, one of my remaining males who has begun to successfully breed this year.

It shouldn't be much longer before I know for sure.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
How many now? They all look great. How many fertile eggs and when are they due too hatch?
Not happy though that one of your rounder ones turned out male. I was hoping that could have been an early sign. Round female, oblong male. That's what it turned out with my Babs. Then again I only had 2 of each and one that looked all female but sold her so not sure what it's turning out to be.

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
How many now? They all look great. How many fertile eggs and when are they due too hatch?
Not happy though that one of your rounder ones turned out male. I was hoping that could have been an early sign. Round female, oblong male. That's what it turned out with my Babs. Then again I only had 2 of each and one that looked all female but sold her so not sure what it's turning out to be.

I had about 5 or 6 of all the PP eggs actually show signs of fertility but only one of the whole bunch is showing obvious vein development. So it will definitely be a low yield for the pure PP babies this year.

I have another young round individual that is starting to become more oblong will time. I'm afraid it might do what MAX did by looking female until 8+ inches and then suddenly turn male.

I currently have 2 adult males, 4 adult females (only 2 have produced so far), one confirmed juvie female (13"), one juvie male, one unknown juvie, and 3 yearling or younger PP.

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
Awesome news. My female “Fina” that came from Richard Fife laid her very first clutch with me today! She laid 9 flawless eggs and I couldn’t be happier.

IMG_2601.jpgIMG_2600.jpgIMG_2602.jpg

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
Good news.....and bad news. The good news is that my very first pp baby ever starting hatching today. The bad news is that it is hatching in a way that is far from ideal. So I moved the egg to a deli cup with moist paper towels in hopes that it doesn’t ultimately fail. That would be such a bummer because it’s the only egg of alllll of my pp eggs to develop.

I have six other pp eggs that developed what looked to be an embryo that never progressed. They have looked exactly the same for over 2 months. ☹️

IMG_2783.jpgIMG_2789.jpgIMG_2753.jpgIMG_2754.jpgIMG_2755.jpg

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
Anastasia turned a year old today. So here are her hatchday pictures vs today IMG_2804.jpgIMG_2861.jpgIMG_2862.jpgIMG_2865.jpgIMG_2864.jpg

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
Absolutely beautiful! What happened with the PP egg??

She pulled through! BEHOLD MY FIRST EVER PURE PP BABY! Six years of dedication has finally paid off!! The cycle of life is complete. Fonzie and Mary are the parents of this beauty.

This is a really big deal for me. Hopefully this is the beginning of me hatching out hundreds of South African leopards over the years.

IMG_2881.jpgIMG_2882.jpgIMG_2883.jpgIMG_2884.jpg