My official p.pardalis leopard tort page

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
Here is Sparkles, the smallest of my 1.5 year olds from Rodriguez Chelonians. She is growing slowly but surely. She definitely prefers outside life over being indoors. She’s shy which I hope means that it’s indeed a “she”.

View attachment 244318View attachment 244319View attachment 244320View attachment 244321

Here is Karoo, my other Rodriguez 1.5 year old that is still looking female so far.
View attachment 244322
View attachment 244324View attachment 244325View attachment 244326

Here is Addo, my 3rd Rodriguez 1.5 yr old that is really looking like a young male. It’s all but flashed me during its soaks . Lots of “alien movement” beneath the cloaca lol.

View attachment 244327View attachment 244328View attachment 244329View attachment 244330
You have really beautiful torts.

diamondbp

10 Year Member!

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
Great update as usual Byron. Love the pics. Your 1 1/2 year olds are BIG.

Thanks. I hoped you’d like seeing them all.

The 1.5 yr olds would be even bigger if I haven’t moved them outside full time. I don’t baby them anymore. So they have slowed down somewhat but I’m considering giving them a few hours in my workshop under pampered conditions to see if they pick it back up again.

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
Ok TFO buds , I was able to acquire another adult PP female from well known Richard Fife. She is a young adult who just laid her very first clutches with him this year so I’m thrilled to add her to my group.

She is the offspring of two of Richards original imports from trusted sources back in the 90s. Although there is not “collection data” on the parents of this female, Richard assured me that they were brought into the country by well known importers.

So this female, being an offspring of that original pair that Richard had, is technically from a different “line” than the R.L. group that all of my other ultimately originate. Richard is a great guy and I don’t have any reason to doubt the info he provided.

Although a little pyramided, she’s a real beauty and definitely on track to get as large as her 20+” mother. She drank,pooped, and ate right away here at her new home in Louisiana.

I’m thrilled that God has blessed me with another great addition to my group. I’m officially DONE with any additions since this gives me 3 proven female, and other young females that just need more time before producing.

So in the best case scenario I’ll end up with a 3m:7F, and the worse case would be a 5:5 in which I would have to sell off 2 more males. Time will tell.

Here she is!

IMG_0972.jpgIMG_0976.jpgIMG_0986.jpgIMG_0991.jpgIMG_0996.jpgIMG_0999.jpgIMG_1003.jpg

MichaelS

5 Year Member
Florida Suncoast
Really great addition to your group. I especially like the fact that she is from a different blood line than pretty all other pps here In the US. That just may give me the incentive to get a few of her babies from you;)

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
Really great addition to your group. I especially like the fact that she is from a different blood line than pretty all other pps here In the US. That just may give me the incentive to get a few of her babies from you;)

Yeh I’m actually really excited about that myself. Richard has been around the industry for decades so I have zero reasons to doubt his story. She will be due to lay in 2-3weeks so until then I’ll have my fingers crossed

MichaelS

5 Year Member
Florida Suncoast
Yeah I was not aware that Fife had any imported SAs. The 2 that I have remaining from R. L. I'm not sure if they are F1s or F2s or F3s etc. The 6 I got from @Tom are F2s at best. So the different blood line coupled with the fact she is an F1 is awesom.

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
He doesn't. He has mixes that look similar. That is what I've been told unanimously by multiple sources.

Sorry @diamondbp . If you had asked me, I would have told you.

I wonder how anyone would know his original imports were mixed?