My official p.pardalis leopard tort page

Lifeoftorto

Location (City and/or State)
INA
Any tips how to grow the white part of the shell? Or is it because of the gene? Because i once read the article about them, they said the diet matters.. is it true ?

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
Any tips how to grow the white part of the shell? Or is it because of the gene? Because i once read the article about them, they said the diet matters.. is it true ?
It has zero to do with diet. It's all genetics

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
I forgot to mention I also got this baby from Rodriguez Chelonians this year. She will likely be the last baby I buy from another source since I’ll be “hopefully” hatching my very own PP babies this year.

She’s a real beauty with the lightest skin color of any PP that I’ve raised up. I can’t wait to see her develop.

IMG_9498.jpgIMG_9499.jpgIMG_9500.jpgIMG_9501.jpgIMG_9503.jpg

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
Today my new female Mary laid her very first clutch ever. I expected odd eggs but wasn’t prepared to see that the first two eggs were without shells completely! Very strange stuff. After dropping two yolks she then laid 4 large odd shaped eggs. Hopefully her next clutches will be far more normal. I am excited though that she laid after only being around my male Fonzie for 5 weeks. I caught them mating just days after her arrival. Fingers crossed for a few successful clutches from her. My other female Bahkita should be laying her 4th clutch within the next 10 days.

IMG_9764.jpg
IMG_9770.jpgIMG_9773.jpgIMG_9340.jpg

TriciaStringer

5 Year Member
Louisiana
I saw in one of your comments that you may be in South Louisiana. Where about?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Today my new female Mary laid her very first clutch ever. I expected odd eggs but wasn’t prepared to see that the first two eggs were without shells completely! Very strange stuff. After dropping two yolks she then laid 4 large odd shaped eggs. Hopefully her next clutches will be far more normal. I am excited though that she laid after only being around my male Fonzie for 5 weeks. I caught them mating just days after her arrival. Fingers crossed for a few successful clutches from her. My other female Bahkita should be laying her 4th clutch within the next 10 days.

This is totally normal. Several of my pp did this and my other species do it too.

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
This is totally normal. Several of my pp did this and my other species do it too.
Thanks Tom. Although I have found loose yolks in previous nest from other young females I always assumed I missed the shell somewhere in the nest hole. But since I was there witnessing it I knew that no outer shell was present. I'm confident the next clutch will be much better looking. She dug such a large hole for such a small clutch. It's really cool how their instincts kick in and they simply "know" how to dig a perfect hole.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Thanks Tom. Although I have found loose yolks in previous nest from other young females I always assumed I missed the shell somewhere in the nest hole. But since I was there witnessing it I knew that no outer shell was present. I'm confident the next clutch will be much better looking. She dug such a large hole for such a small clutch. It's really cool how their instincts kick in and they simply "know" how to dig a perfect hole.
I call it "priming the pump".

Tortoisefanatic88

5 Year Member
PA
I forgot to mention I also got this baby from Rodriguez Chelonians this year. She will likely be the last baby I buy from another source since I’ll be “hopefully” hatching my very own PP babies this year.

She’s a real beauty with the lightest skin color of any PP that I’ve raised up. I can’t wait to see her develop.

View attachment 241901View attachment 241902View attachment 241903View attachment 241904View attachment 241905
This one is just stunning. Cannot wait to watch it grow through your updates.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Pity you could not catch it and try that shell-less hatching method.

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
@MichaelS you're requested mega update is coming. I finally had time to clean up each PP and take some pictures from the youngest to the oldest. I won't post pictures of the two youngest since I did that a few days ago but all of my yearlings and above will be shown. I hope you and others enjoy these updated photos because it took forever to clean each one up (it's muddy lately with all the rain) but I was happy to get some glamour shots of each one of the time. It's hard to believe how big some of them are now. It's a dream come true really

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
Here is Sparkles, the smallest of my 1.5 year olds from Rodriguez Chelonians. She is growing slowly but surely. She definitely prefers outside life over being indoors. She’s shy which I hope means that it’s indeed a “she”.

IMG_9800.jpgIMG_9801.jpgIMG_9802.jpgIMG_9803.jpg

Here is Karoo, my other Rodriguez 1.5 year old that is still looking female so far.
IMG_9805.jpg
IMG_9806.jpgIMG_9807.jpgIMG_9808.jpg

Here is Addo, my 3rd Rodriguez 1.5 yr old that is really looking like a young male. It’s all but flashed me during its soaks . Lots of “alien movement” beneath the cloaca lol.

IMG_9809.jpgIMG_9810.jpgIMG_9815.jpgIMG_9816.jpg

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
Next are my two proven males. This is Max, my younger male that started successfully mating just this year.
IMG_9827.jpgIMG_9830.jpgIMG_9831.jpgIMG_9833.jpg

Here is Fonzie, my alpha male who’s really the coolest tortoise ever. Love this guy

IMG_9850.jpgIMG_9852.jpgIMG_9854.jpgIMG_9855.jpgIMG_9859.jpg

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
Next are my 4 known females. The “mystery” one is no doubt a female. Although it’s flared anal scutes had my confused for the past 2years it’s definitely a female. I haven’t yet named her

IMG_9821.jpgIMG_9822.jpgIMG_9824.jpgIMG_9826.jpg

Here is Susie , the “spotless Pp” who is quickly catching up to my other bigger females. I think eventually she will be my largest female. I hope she produces either later this year or early next year.

IMG_9836.jpgIMG_9837.jpgIMG_9839.jpgIMG_9841.jpg

This is Bahkita my oldest female who started her first year of production. She should be laying her 4th clutch here soon.

IMG_9843.jpgIMG_9844.jpgIMG_9846.jpgIMG_9847.jpg

Here Mary my newest female who has fit in very well with the group.

IMG_9862.jpgIMG_9863.jpgIMG_9864.jpgIMG_9868.jpg