My ninja turtle :|

Status
Not open for further replies.

ian_zhang

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
My house doesnt have lawn or backyard,so I just let the turtle walk on the floor :cool: ( anyway, my house is dirty enough, so it can not make it worse :D ). And in the evening, before going to bed, I put it into the...bird cage :| in order to find it easily in the next morning, I used to do it to my Elongated tortoise, it seems happy with that.But then, I got my new Asian Box Turtle, it seems uncomfortable in that cage, and always try to escape :( when I show these pics to my friends, all of them dont believe it, and say that i used the Photoshop or hang the turtle there :|
DSC01415.jpg

DSC01416.jpg

>> The black one is Box turtle ( its name Wuu ), and the small tortoise name Pook. it all Chinese name :cool:. You can click the picture to view the full resolution to know that it climbs by self, I do nothing to it
One day
In the morning , I put my Asian Box Turtle in the.... bird cage ( as always) for sunbathing :|but it looks uncomfortable there (as always) ,and it try any way to get out of the cage. I recorded the "turle's escape" with my mobile phone :cool: but I don't know how to post the video directly, so I give you the link to it ( on Youtube )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NG20YYtRhkE
My phone is pretty good at taking photo, but sucks at recording video, sorry for the bad video quality

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Ian: That's quite a talented turtle you have there! If you are ever able to build him a habitat outside, its going to be pretty hard to keep him in it. Since you don't have a regular indoor habitat built for your turtle, how do you solve the water problem. It is my understanding that the Asian box turtle requires quite a bit of water in his living quarters.

Both of your turtles are very pretty! Thanks for sharing your pictures.

Yvonne

kevantheman35

10 Year Member!
indiana
any big Tupperware container or babypool or something with a good substrate would be much better and healthy for those terrapins. Hes definitely got skills lol

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Asian box turtles are water turtles and need to be in water most of the time to do well.

Danny

Status
Not open for further replies.