My new tortoises. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rural

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Denmark
Hey everybody, I got two russian tortoises a couple days ago, and I thought I would show them. I read multiple care sheets, talked to some people and saw some videos, so you don't need to come with care tips. :) The larger one is the female and the smaller one is the male. Please don't inform me that having a male with a female is a bad idea, they have lived together for several years and has never mated or had any fights. By the way, the UVA/UVB is not installed since they're in my garden most of the time during the summer. :)
- Chris

Attachments

• IMG_4041.JPG
    IMG_4041.JPG
    4.9 MB · Views: 127
  • IMG_4039.JPG
    IMG_4039.JPG
    4.5 MB · Views: 125
  • IMG_4040.JPG
    IMG_4040.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 105

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Chris:

I understand that you don't want any advice, but please be aware that quite a bit of what you read on the internet is old, outdated info. Anything that you get from the Forum would be only with the best interest of your tortoises in mind. But we'll save our "help" for when (not if) you need it.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:). I second, third and fourth what Yvonne said. When you do need help though, we will be here to give it.

Btw, that water dish is too small. Get a clay saucer that is used to go under plant pots and bury it level with the substrate. Also, coil bulbs (cfl)of any kind can and still has caused eye problems, so be sure to not use those.

Rural

5 Year Member
Denmark
wellington said:
Hello and Welcome:). I second, third and fourth what Yvonne said. When you do need help though, we will be here to give it.

Btw, that water dish is too small. Get a clay saucer that is used to go under plant pots and bury it level with the substrate. Also, coil bulbs (cfl)of any kind can and still has caused eye problems, so be sure to not use those.

Thank you. :)
I'm aware of that, and I'm also getting them another water and food dish (So I don't have to put food in all the time...) soon. :)
The dishes was bought in a rush because I had to bring them home 3 weeks before the original plan (I got the call at 9am same day..), and my local pet shop didn't have any larger ones at the time. And I will definently ask Tortoise forum for help when I need it, that's why I'm here. :)

Rural

5 Year Member
Denmark
Hello everyone, I just wanted to inform that I bought them a saucer that is big enough for both of them to enter. :)

HSTUDIO

5 Year Member
Cool ! ~ Russian tortoises are strictly forbiden in my country, China.

Rural

5 Year Member
Denmark
HSTUDIO said:
Cool ! ~ Russian tortoises are strictly forbiden in my country, China.
That sucks, is that because a lot of them are wild caught?

Status
Not open for further replies.