My new room!

juli11

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Europe
After a fire in my neighborhood we have to make our roof new because of the smell. Very stressful but also good for me to create a new and smarter turtle room. ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1489440760.217043.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1489440777.216657.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1489440790.412529.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1489440801.219071.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1489440812.691705.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1489440821.931747.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1489440836.169263.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1489440846.127608.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1489440869.253671.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1489440878.258218.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1489440888.230850.jpg

The wood boxes are for kinixys.
I'm working with plastic boxes. These boxes are for adult females of cruentatum, dorsalis, platemys and P. Nanus. All of them sit alone.
The aquariums are for the males and some juveniles.
I'll update this threat. It's not finished at the moment because I don't have all of my animal at my location at the moment.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I agree with Yvonne. One question though that I don't uhderstand. If the fire was just in the neighborhood, why does your roof smell and a roof to me is outside, the very most top of your house. So why would anyone care if it smelled? Eventually , being outside, the smell will fade in time.

juli11

5 Year Member
Europe
I agree with Yvonne. One question though that I don't uhderstand. If the fire was just in the neighborhood, why does your roof smell and a roof to me is outside, the very most top of your house. So why would anyone care if it smelled? Eventually , being outside, the smell will fade in time.

Thanks all!! It's a little bit difficult to explain.. :D so im living in a row house so all of the houses are connected. Our row was built in the 90's and because of that the roofs are only split with wood walls not with stone. This building way is forbidden today because of the burning risk. For our luck the wind staid good so the flames don't come to us only the smoke.. and maybe you can imagine how it's smells after a 4 hour fire.
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1489490776.175205.jpg
I'll post some more pictures in the evening.

juli11

5 Year Member
Europe
Yes but on the roof there were I think 10 turtles or so... at the moment everything is ok but we'll see in the future

juli11

5 Year Member
Europe
It's great to have dedicated space like that. It looks like you've put much work into it. It's not easy to tell but can you stand up in there or always bent over?

Yes much work but every day a small step. And yes I have to bent over. I'm 1,86m and the roof is I think 1,50m.

juli11

5 Year Member
Europe
Everything look great one the roofbottom. All of them are eating and you can see some of them has spring feelings ;)

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Thanks all!! It's a little bit difficult to explain.. :D so im living in a row house so all of the houses are connected. Our row was built in the 90's and because of that the roofs are only split with wood walls not with stone. This building way is forbidden today because of the burning risk. For our luck the wind staid good so the flames don't come to us only the smoke.. and maybe you can imagine how it's smells after a 4 hour fire.
View attachment 202063
I'll post some more pictures in the evening.
I was puzzled also. Now I got it.

Looks good to me. Very nice indeed..

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
I know this is a dumb question but I know very little if anything about keeping turtles and love your picture. Would love to tour your place and hear detailed stories of all those enclosures' residents. Out of curiosity, do you have water filters, heaters in those turtle enclosures? What do you do to keep the water clean, with live plants and all... and that one "bog style" enclosure with some mud and leaf litter... how do you do that???!!!

juli11

5 Year Member
Europe
I know this is a dumb question but I know very little if anything about keeping turtles and love your picture. Would love to tour your place and hear detailed stories of all those enclosures' residents. Out of curiosity, do you have water filters, heaters in those turtle enclosures? What do you do to keep the water clean, with live plants and all... and that one "bog style" enclosure with some mud and leaf litter... how do you do that???!!!

I'm working without filter systems since I have this quantity of tanks. Filter Systems plus lamps takes to much energy. I'm only working with plants and fishes. And I'm changing the water all 2-3 weeks.
I don't unterstand what you mean with how do you do that?:D
This enclosure is for Platemys platycephala. I put earth on the ground and a plant inside. Than i take some leaves from the forest clean them and put them into the enclosure. When everything is inside I let water inside ca. 4-5cm. And finish is a "rainforest enclosure" :D