My new rad....

jonckt

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
The Land Below The Wind
my rad lost its appetite lately, ate only around 10 to 20 percent of normal consumption, some days not eating at all, weigh him and feel lighter drastically . But noticed he keep drinking water. As usual fed with mulberry leaves, mazuri cactus. Never seen him lost appetite like this. Been soaking him daily since the day I brought him back. Kinda worry

Korall

Sweden
Is he still pooping? Is there anything that has changed recently except his appetite? Is he still basking (If rads even bask)?

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
View attachment 223310

The one on the left seems to grow way faster compared to the right.

Ate these two kept together?

The one that is growing less quickly is the one that is losing the dominance battle. It is typical of a stressed tortoise that is being forced to live with another and has no means of escape.

They’re not social, they are territorial. Another tortoise is a rival for food and space and the dominant animal is telling the other to leave.

The one that is growing less fast is stressed. Stressed tortoises get sick. They need to be separated on a permanent basis.

emystiong

10 Year Member!
Borneo
Nice, your torts is always a gem in others eye[emoji33][emoji7]. What's the size of the siblings? In cm or inches? Any special advice for me to raise it better[emoji28]?

About 9” , 1 season later .
About 18 months apart on the hatch date .

Cheers