My new puppy!!! *pic heavy*

Status
Not open for further replies.

KimandKarasi

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Houston, Texas
In a sad attempt to make a long story short, me and my ex raised a mix pit bull (her mom was a red nose pit, dad was a blue nose..) since she was only 2 months old.. Her name was Izzy, and I loved her for soo long.. (2 years, and heres a picture of her :p lol! I still miss her..)
103.jpg

176.png

About 3 months ago me and my ex split, and he decided to take her with him, since he "paid" for her (innitially, but all the vet bills and food I bought was more than 10 times that cost, but thats a whole different issue ;) lol.) It turned out my brothers dog Mikey had gotten her pregnant right before she left, (heres a picture of the dad, I still cant believe my puppy came from his.. kind donation? :p lol!)
048.png

217.png

and before he knew it she had 6 puppies in his closet, haha!!
001-5.png

All six came out female, two came out looking like the dad but without any caramel, one came out completely caramel spotted, one came out looking practically exactly like her momma, and the last two were so random it was shocking, lol! the cookies and cream look was just so neat! especially when they're going to turn out being shaped in the body like a pitbull? Oh man I was excited, but I knew I would never get to see them grow up.....

Until this 4th of july!! lol, he surprised me with the puppy I wanted :D She was the only one that came out with these shockingly blue eyes :) he said it reminded him too much of my eyes, and that he didnt want to see anyone else raise her but me! So without further delay, meet Cookie!!!!!
045.png

029.jpg

030.png

031-2.jpg

034-1.jpg

041-2.png

(I still love looking at that first picture he sent me of the morning they were born and seeing how cookie looked so small! :D)

and here's a few videos of her absolute adorbleness :p
http://s867.photobucket.com/albums/ab234/Amethyst1117/?action=view&current=035-2.mp4
http://s867.photobucket.com/albums/ab234/Amethyst1117/?action=view&current=042.mp4

I guess it just hits me close to home because she's the child of a dog I had loved so completely for what seemed like forever in my eyes. Cookie does so many things Izzy used to do whe she was a puppy, and I'm just too excited for words that she's mine, and no one can take her from me this time. If anyone has had a pitbull puppy before, you know its pretty darn close to owning a baby lion with how strong the jaws are and how needle sharp their teeth are at such a young age. :p We'll get through it, but the nick-name Cookie Monster is going to stick, I can feel it. ;)

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
She is adoreable. And not to impose my own views or anything, but maybe you can get this adoreable little girl spayed....

Have fun with her!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Sorry for your loss of Izzy, hopefully he loves her as much and will take good care of her. She is adorable. Now congrats on Cookie, she too is adorable and those eyes, are a beautiful blue. Hopefully they won't change color, but they might. So happy for you. I have never had a pit. But, I think they are great dogs. Your pup should look more like a pit then the father. I can always pick out a pit mix. They all have those same pit jaw bones. I see Cookie and a fun busy day, and you wore her right out. Enjoy your new love.:)

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
lisa127 said:
She is adoreable. And not to impose my own views or anything, but maybe you can get this adoreable little girl spayed....

Have fun with her!

Working where I do.. I SO AGREE with above.. and the mom should be too. lots of places will do pits for Free.. Why? Bacause 75% of dogs in shelters are pits or mixes.. so few get homes.. :-(
However.... Your puppy is ADORABLE and lucky.. I think something besides your brothers dog paid a visit tho... ;-)

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
Laura said:
lisa127 said:

Have fun with her!

Working where I do.. I SO AGREE with above.. and the mom should be too. lots of places will do pits for Free.. Why? Bacause 75% of dogs in shelters are pits or mixes.. so few get homes.. :-(
However.... Your puppy is ADORABLE and lucky.. I think something besides your brothers dog paid a visit tho... ;-)

I used to work at an animal shelter. I'm assuming you do too?

KimandKarasi

5 Year Member
Houston, Texas
Laura said:
lisa127 said:

Have fun with her!

The only reason we hadnt done that before was becase she had SUCH an amazing personality and coloring (we loved her nose, and all but one puppy got it! :p), we wanted to let her have one litter when she got OLDER (didn't work out that way..) so that we could keep her bloodline throughout our lives, but my stubborn brother had the same idea (which is total bogus, he doesnt even pay attention to him as it is, the only reason my parents bought that line of BS is because he's a pure bred Miniature Pinscher, has papers and everything, so the puppies would run a pretty penny if he chose to do so with a PROPER female...). It really is a shame what a horrible reputation pits have thanks to media and such, They are absolutely the best, sweetest, and most loyal dogs I have ever owned or met... I was mauled by a BEAGLE when I was young, but never a pit, but do you hear THAT on TV? Oh no... :rolleyes: and really no other dog had the chance to, the other two dogs we have are neutered, and she was always inside the house or being watched over by me or my parents (who were the culprits for letting mikey in the same room with her even when I asked them specifically not to... laziness is just SO much easier than following directions, no matter how simple, right? :rolleyes:) so I have no idea where that coloring came from, especiallty when it showed in 2 puppies? Odd indeed...

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
She really is a beautiful puppy, Thanks for posting pics or her. She has some really beautiful colors

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
KimandKarasi said:
Laura said:
lisa127 said:

Have fun with her!

The only reason we hadnt done that before was becase she had SUCH an amazing personality and coloring (we loved her nose, and all but one puppy got it! :p), we wanted to let her have one litter when she got OLDER (didn't work out that way..) so that we could keep her bloodline throughout our lives, but my stubborn brother had the same idea (which is total bogus, he doesnt even pay attention to him as it is, the only reason my parents bought that line of BS is because he's a pure bred Miniature Pinscher, has papers and everything, so the puppies would run a pretty penny if he chose to do so with a PROPER female...). It really is a shame what a horrible reputation pits have thanks to media and such, They are absolutely the best, sweetest, and most loyal dogs I have ever owned or met... I was mauled by a BEAGLE when I was young, but never a pit, but do you hear THAT on TV? Oh no... :rolleyes: and really no other dog had the chance to, the other two dogs we have are neutered, and she was always inside the house or being watched over by me or my parents (who were the culprits for letting mikey in the same room with her even when I asked them specifically not to... laziness is just SO much easier than following directions, no matter how simple, right? :rolleyes:) so I have no idea where that coloring came from, especiallty when it showed in 2 puppies? Odd indeed...

I'm going to keep my thoughts about this to myself for now, as I know this is not the place to voice them. But good luck with your pup.

KimandKarasi

5 Year Member
Houston, Texas
lisa127 said:
I'm going to keep my thoughts about this to myself for now, as I know this is not the place to voice them. But good luck with your pup.

Ok..... Thank you? :-/ I'm not sure what you're talking about, so I'll drop it....

Thank you eweezy and bigred! :D I love her to death!! She does her puppy things, like not letting me sleep, lol! But all in all she's fantastic, already potty trained by her smart momma! :p not even one accident inside the house these past 3 days! Can't ask for a better puppy. ;)

pam

5 Year Member
Minnesota
Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute :) Love thoes Blue eyes :)

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
lisa127 said:

I agree with you. I will keep my honest remarks to myself and congratulate you on your puppy.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
I have never seen a pure pit or a Min Pin with that Merle type coloring.. I still think something else snuck in. :)
A lot of places offer that DNA testing to see waht the breeds are that make up your dog.. Might be interesting to get that done..
I work in a Shelter enviroment.. and work the streets.. the things i see and hear... but still Love puppies!

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
both min pins and pits are known to occasionally carry the merle genes, and it may just be the lighting in the picture, but the momma dog almost appears to have some merle on her back. If not, the "blue" gene is very closely linked to the merle gene so that's probably where it came from :)

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
MERLE....that's it! I couldn't think of the word. I have seen them in Chihuahua's and they were really expensive. I think they're so unique.

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
terryo said:
MERLE....that's it! I couldn't think of the word. I have seen them in Chihuahua's and they were really expensive. I think they're so unique.

Merle coloring is actually a disqualification of standard in many breeds because it's linked to so many health issues. The only breeds that I can think of off the top of my head that actually allow the merle gene are Australian Shepherds and Border Collies. It is still quite pretty, though. I had a foster Border Collie that was merle. It was actually kind of annoying because everyone saw his picture and wanted to adopt him, but this dog needed some place SPECIAL, a farm with lots of sheep to herd preferably, and farmers just don't like merle dogs, so he really did get the short end of the stick as far as his temperament/color match went.

This was him:
Neil_stare.jpg

boy do I miss that dog.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
i had a merle dane.. and i just love the merle coloring in any dog!

congrats on a new puppy, and another vote for a spay ;)

i think i'll go back and look at her adorable pictures some more :) :) :)

luvpetz27

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
Your puppy is the prettist dog I have ever seen!! I totally agree with you about pitbulls!! I have to ask, have you ever seen the tv show Pitbulls and Parolees? It's on the animal planet channel. I dont know if you even get that channel but the show is amazing. They rescue pits! It touches my heart every episode!

Just wanted you to know I loved reading your story and I think your puppy is beautiful!! please keep all of us updated as she grows!! :) :)

I wanted to add this... I think pitbulls get a bad rap because of the way the owner raises them. So many of these poop pups are raised to fight and I think it is terrible! I think if you raise them right and show them love , they will be loving dogs like your pups momma. This is just my own opinion.....I am sure everyone wont agree with me
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.