My new leopard tortoises

Ergotaxon

Location (City and/or State)
Portland, TX
Hi, my name is Albert. I’m new to the forum. I’ve been keeping tortoises for about fifteen years. I’ve got a large male sulcata, four redfoot tortoises and three baby leopard tortoises. The leopard tortoises are the newest additions. I’ve learned a lot over the last four weeks thanks to the forum. Here are my babies 44836768-65B0-476F-9226-DFC8338BCF89.jpeg

Ergotaxon

Portland, TX
Hi, my name is Albert. I’m new to the forum. I’ve been keeping tortoises for about fifteen years. I’ve got a large male sulcata, four redfoot tortoises and three baby leopard tortoises. The leopard tortoises are the newest additions. I’ve learned a lot over the last four weeks thanks to the forum. Here are my babies View attachment 320772
From left to right: Nitro, Miss Piggy and Turbo

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
They look great. It appears these were started correctly by the breeder. That is a very rare thing. Where did you get them?

Ergotaxon

Portland, TX
They look great. It appears these were started correctly by the breeder. That is a very rare thing. Where did you get them?
I got them from Jeanette McKee aka Leopard Tortoises started Right. She is a small breeder out of California. She uses the enclosed chamber method to raise them. She was kind enough to point me to the forum about a month ago. I am raising them in an enclosed chamber as well. I’m glad that you like them. The two smaller ones are over 50 grams and the larger one is over 100 grams. I love them so much.

Yossarian

5 Year Member
Wales
Goodness, you must have a lot of space for Torts. The leopards are lovely looking, nice shell pattern and they look healthy.

Grace-Sophia

Texas
They are so cute! I would love to have a Lepord tortoise one day, Definitely one of my dream animals! Thank you for sharing, congrats!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I got them from Jeanette McKee aka Leopard Tortoises started Right. She is a small breeder out of California. She uses the enclosed chamber method to raise them. She was kind enough to point me to the forum about a month ago. I am raising them in an enclosed chamber as well. I’m glad that you like them. The two smaller ones are over 50 grams and the larger one is over 100 grams. I love them so much.
She's got a different username here on the forum, but that completely explains it. She is fantastic and does great work. All of her babies are healthy and beautiful. You are lucky you found her. Hardly any breeders in the entire world start them correctly. You found one of the few that do.

Ergotaxon

Portland, TX
She's got a different username here on the forum, but that completely explains it. She is fantastic and does great work. All of her babies are healthy and beautiful. You are lucky you found her. Hardly any breeders in the entire world start them correctly. You found one of the few that do.
I found her on Morph Market. She was very pleasant to do business with. She followed up with me after the purchase and after delivery. We must have exchanged dozens of messages over the last month. The hard freeze that we had in February delayed the shipping to Texas by about two weeks. They were packaged extremely well. She was very kind and gave me a discount for purchasing a third leopard Tortoise. I’m glad I found her and I’m glad that you like them. Take care and thanks for the great advice you’ve given me.

Ergotaxon

Portland, TX
Goodness, you must have a lot of space for Torts. The leopards are lovely looking, nice shell pattern and they look healthy.
I have dedicated my entire back yard to them. My sulcata is huge and requires the most space. The redfoot tortoises are juveniles and of course the leopards are babies. I’m glad that you like them. They have brought me a lot of joy.

Ergotaxon

Portland, TX
Beautiful!!! My sulcata is only 444 grams ?? but I can’t wait for it to cut all the grass. My neighbor already said that he is ordering tortoise grass cutting services ??.
Haha. That’s hilarious. You could rent out your tortoise for the day.

Ergotaxon

Portland, TX
I sure do. You should have a rather large back yard though. In the warmer season she eats it all up. Lol ?

Walnut's_pet

Connecticut
LOL... yard space I have. Unfortunately my RT (Walnut) is only interested in eating dandelion flowers. So, while my weed problem is at an all time low, the grass still gets knee deep in some spots ;-). Curious to know if you enclose your yard or do just walk Francis? Right now we just walk Walnut, but she gets around pretty quick for a tort.

Ergotaxon

Portland, TX
My backyard is enclosed with a privacy fence. I have what I believe to be Johnson grass growing back there and my sulcata loves it, so do my leopard tortoises. Francis, the sulcata, doesn’t mess with the fence. He is quite the bulldozer though. I have to keep a separate fence around my redfoot torts to keep him out of their enclosure. I also have to keep the backyard free of any clutter. In the past I’ve had to free the sulcata from being wrapped in extension cords and water hoses. Thank god he has made it through those experiences and of course we’ve learned the hard way. Walnut is super cute by the way. I believe I’ve seen him/her in your other posts. That’s a great name. Oh, there is also some carpet grass in the backyard that the sulcata also loves to eat. Take care.